Help PP Pro Set Up ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sportman12

Re: Help PP Pro Set Up ?

Post by sportman12 »

lakrsrool I mean the Tray Icon which Rotate the number of New messages in the icon it is to big cuts off the number of messages it used to be small is this fixed is this what do you mean your post is a little confusing explain please ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

sportman --
Make sure that you installed the beta correctly: from the main menu, select Help / About. Use this screenshot for comparison, focusing on the 2 circled versions:
PP_Version_43Beta01.png
If you have that version and the numbers in the tray icon still appear too large, it would be better if *you* could provide a screenshot as that can provide us with useful information about what may be wrong.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff I installed "Download v4.3 Beta 01 (exe) it worked
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff can you explain what this means I I can not seem to do it by lakrsrool wrote if I may offer a suggestion, what you can do to check how the tray icon displays "new" messages is to "Remove from list" the messages from a specific account you have that has messages listed in the accounts inbox in POP Peeper and then do a "Mail Check" for that account (or wait for when POP Peeper does a "Check Mail") to see for yourself if the tray icon displays to your liking.

You can do this if you have messages that are listed in an inbox for a specific email account in POP Peeper. If you do have messages in an accounts inbox you can select as many of these messages as you like and then right-click on one of those selected messages and select "Remove from list" (which will do just that, be removed from the inbox list). Then on the next "Mail Check" these same messages will be returned to your POP Peeper inbox as "new" messages which will then allow you to see how the tray icon displays the number of "new" messages.

To illustrate, after selecting as many messages from an account that you want to "Remove from list" (one easy way that you can do this is explained below) then just wait for the next POP Peeper "Mail Check" or manually "Check Mail" for that account.

To clarify:
Open the POP Peeper interface window and then click on the drop-down arrow (as illustrated) to get the list of accounts and then select an account that has a lot of inbox messages.

All Accounts drop-down list.png
Click on "arrow" and select an account from list with messages in it's inbox
All Accounts drop-down list.png (4.56 KiB) Viewed 21 times

After selecting the account you will have all the messages listed for that specific email account, then if you select the top message in the list and then scroll down to the bottom message in the list and hold down the shift key and select the bottom message this will select all messages for that account. Then right-click on one of the messages and select "Remove from list" in the context menu you get by right-clicking on an account (see screen-shot below).

Remove from list.png
Be sure and only select "Remove from list".
Remove from list.png (6.81 KiB) Viewed 21 times

These selected messages will be removed from the accounts inbox after selecting "Remove from list". Now when POP Peeper checks this account again all of those messages that were removed will return to the inbox as "new" messages which will provide you a way to observe how the tray icon displays these "new" messages.

If the tray icon is not displayed the way you expected, then be sure and do a screen-shot of the tray icon as it is and post the screen-shot here in this topic to illustrate what it is that is not displaying the way you would like it to display.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If the tray icon is now working as expected, you do not need to use the instructions provided by lakrsrool. Those instructions are a method to force PP to re-download an existing message and trigger the new email notifications (including the tray icon). The method is not fool-proof, however, as there are several variables that can prevent it from working.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff I can not seem to Adjust Fonts for message list, and messages I have tryed only this changes fonts in my screenshot not messages where do I change it for messages
POP Peeper fonts 2 - Personal info redacted.png
Last edited by mjs on Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to redact personal information for privacy/security concerns (re: email address in account field)
mjs

Post by mjs »

To change the font for the POP Peeper message list; from the main menu click on "Messages" > "Select font..." which opens the same type window you used to change the Account list font, apparently you have found where to change the font in the account list ("Accounts" > "Select font..."). (note: I have redacted personal information from your posted screen-shot)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

lakrsrool which changes which fonts messages is for what fonts and Accounts is for which fonts I want it for fonts for when emails come in not what was in my screenshot I showed ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

As Lakrsrool said, you want to select (main menu): Messages / Select Font.

From there, you can change the font and font size for the message list.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff what is Accounts fonts is for which fonts ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Accounts / Select font is for the Accounts List. That's what you showed a screenshot of.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff what is messages fonts is for which fonts ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Messages / Select font is for the message list, which is what you said you want to change.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff got it will try fonts on PP
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

sportman -- you may have been on to something regarding the tray icon. I was doing some testing last night and found that there may still have been an issue in certain cases which would result in the number being too large to fit in the provided space. A beta 2 will be available in the next few days to fix that.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff can you put it on the forum the beta 2 when it is available in the next few days please
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff is the beta 2 available to fix the tray fonts ? please get back to me
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Beta 2 is now available:
http://www.esumsoft.com/pop-peeper-beta/

this includes the tray icon fix, so let me know if it's fixed for you.
sportman12

Post by sportman12 »

Jeff it worked