Reply does not contain a valid address

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
tjpsnj

Reply does not contain a valid address

Post by tjpsnj »

Since upgrading to the current version I hit reply and the address prefills with the friendly name and not the email address.

Is this some security feature I need to setup? I am tired of having to log into the web mail account and hit reply to get the return address.

Thanks

T
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Reply does not contain a valid address

Post by Jeff »

A few questions to help us diagnose:
1) What type of webmail (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc.) is the account?
2) Does POP Peeper have the body of the message?
3) What version of the WebMail plugin do you have (listed under Help / About)?
tjpsnj

Post by tjpsnj »

A few questions to help us diagnose are answered in line.

1) What type of webmail (hotmail, yahoo, gmail, etc.) is the account?
Yahoo, hotmail, gmail, outlook All are the same result. Mail received from other webmail type accounts? Yahoo is the sender or a craigslist response... I cannot hit reply and have a valid address load.

2) Does POP Peeper have the body of the message?
Yes.
The from only has the freindly name. The email address in 'mailto:' field has been stripped. Even mailto: is missing. I suspected it is the security changes built into PP but can't find a setting. I turned them off but it did not make a difference. I added my address to the ad book and mailed myself and the address appears when mailed by PP. If I send from a yahoo to a yahoo the from address is missing and only my name appears. I have not been able to locate the email address in PP on received mail. So I have been having to log into the individual account find the mail find the address.... Even message source is name only
-----------------------
+OK 51091 octets
Subject: mail
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 08:11:00 -0400
X-ServerType: 3
X-URL: message?sMid=0&fid=Inbox&fidx=1&sort=date&order=down&startMid=0&filterBy=&ac=yDGjNha7T9gaZFUcgfqZdMt73J8-&.rand=1856872016&midIndex=0&mid=AMe-imIABVIHV68OZQsbwDEpZow&fromId=
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="utf-8"
-----------------------
3) What version of the WebMail plugin do you have (listed under Help / About)?
I have 4.2.0.0 with a comment: webmail update does not apply to existing accounts and the 4.2.2.0 is blue. Should I manually install it? Doesn't appear to be for my version. Blue - not automated.

I haven't a clue on this one. If it was just yahoo and OLook I would suspect yahoo is owned by verizon and OL... and they are forcing you to use the page instead of a useful tool for mail. I have also noticed the popup when signing into the account webpage to turn off third party tools to "secure your account." Not sure how that secures your account. Not logging into the webmail avoids all kinds of intrusive ads and movies, who knows what else. PP seems much more secure to me.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I'm not sure why PP isn't auto-updating, but you definitely should be using v4.2.2, as the last 2 updates were for Yahoo and this was one of the issues that was fixed. Once you update to v4.2.2, you will need to re-download any existing messages that you want to fix (File / Re-download message).

If you have other types of accounts with the problem (and, to clarify, it doesn't matter what account you send *from*, just the receiving account), please double-check them and let us know.