3rd Outlook.com Account send error

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Styx

3rd Outlook.com Account send error

Post by Styx »

One instance of PopPeeper Pro 4.2 (fully updated) running on one computer.

Windows 10 Pro on same user admin account (only one user on machine).

Two previously setup Outlook.com accounts work ok, receive and send - those are both IMAP.

I set up a 3rd account (and even tried a 4th) and received this error on both of those when sending :

PopPeeper pop up error message
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following error(s) occurred while attempting to Send mail:

Account: XXXXXXX
Failed to Verify after RSET

Press OK to open the Outbox
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

They receive fine however that error appears when trying to send.

OAuth did not help.

Even tried POP and had same issue.

Compared settings with my other two and check Pop setup on-line and see nothing wrong.

Any ideas?
mjs

Re: 3rd Outlook.com Account send error

Post by mjs »

Are the third and fourth accounts that get the error also IMAP?

What are the email provider(s) you use for the accounts you are having problems with (i.e., Hotmail/Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail etc)?

Are they the same as the two accounts that work okay?

Can you please provide the Error Overview information when you get the errors? (This can be done by clicking on the exclamation in the lower-right corner of the main POP Peeper window interface and press the "Copy" button and then "Paste" that information here in this topic (right-click and select "paste").

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

As a follow-up I have found this that you posted in another topic 4 days ago that may be related to this topic: Re: Outlook.com can't send - setup as POP3 and noticed that Jeff posted a reply immediately following your post. Is that topic the same issue? Did the solution posted by Jeff in that topic help?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Styx

Post by Styx »

Found it and came back to give the solution and your 2nd message also leads to it.

To send you have to login into the new account which I had already done - however seems after you attempt to send you need to login again
to verify the Captcha.

And it suggested mail-imap.outlook.com & smtp-mail.outlook.com instead of what PopPeeper suggested (which I also thought should work)
mail.imap@outlook.com & smtp.mail.outlook.com.

Thanks for the speedy reply.