Windows 10 anniversary

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
pop_pepper

Windows 10 anniversary

Post by pop_pepper »

I recently had to reinstall my laptop after windows 10 anniversary updates made my machine walk slower than a smail

i had to reinstall everything, now it's running like it shoud... fast!

however i have noticed some of my pop peeper messages are coming through in HTML webpage text, whats ahppening and how can i turn this crap off...lol

cheers in advance
mjs

Re: Windows 10 anniversary

Post by mjs »

In the main menu, try going to "Tools" > "Options" > "View Messages" and adjust the "Default message viewing preference" drop-down value accordingly (near top of "View messages" window) as well as other settings in that window.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

having all kinds of issues, comingup with strage chacters in the email to and from email fields even though i have reset

for exapmle just had an email that started with this

------=_Part_19100848_1300151355.1475416811733
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

unsure what to do, its never done this before
mjs

Post by mjs »

If you are getting any POP Peeper errors then please provide us with the "Error Overview" information you are getting by clicking on the exclamation in lower right-corner of the POP Peeper main interface and click on the "Copy" button and then "Paste" (right-click and select "Paste") the information in this topic.

Please also provide us with the following, especially if you are not able to post any "Error Overview" information.

1. What version of POP Peeper are you using?
2. What are the Email Providers that are having problems (i.e. Hotmail/Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail etc)?
3. If you are using Webmail protocols (Hotmail/Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail Server-type settings) for any of these problematic accounts then please provide the Webmail plugin version you are currently using (current Webmail version should be 4.2.5.0).
4. Make sure you have the "latest" version for each "Module" listed and the "CRC" column displays "pass" for each in the "About POP Peeper..." window (see details on this below).

Note: "Help" > "About POP Peeper..." will give you the answers to questions 1 & 3-4.

Oh btw, you have said you needed to "reinstall everything", what steps did you take to install POP Peeper?

Thanks. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

i installed the correct way, from scratch, all plug ins line up

and this morning i am once again locked out of all accounts as Gmail as thrown another wobbly and saying i am signing in from different locations, this happens regular with pop peeper, starting to really tire of it now because this happened some weeks ago, now i have to fight to get into each account again OMG
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

pop peeper is becoming unusable if i have every account spitting out this crap almst everytime i sign in...

on one account i have used almost 35 passwords
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

seems to me that its everytime the webmail.dll changes, if your account checks on the old one gmail goes into meltdown
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

this is just one account of the checking that goes on when my pop peeper checks gmail, look at the dates and this is just a single account

mjs

Post by mjs »

It is recommended that you use IMAP (with OAuth2) assuming it's available to you. Just edit the account and change the "server type" to IMAP, all other required settings will be automatically adjusted (OAuth2 is enabled by pressing button and following ensuing steps) and optionally enable IDLE (recommended).

You will find more information on this including most importantly OAuth2 by clicking on this FAQ: http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... ilSecurity.