Problems accessing Outlook Mail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rtorella

Problems accessing Outlook Mail

Post by rtorella »

I have been having an error code for the past week when accessing Outlook Mail. Out of the past 30 attempts, 29 failed with the following error code.

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.2.0.0
Webmail: 4.2.0.0
SSL: 1.0.2.6
IMAP: 4.2.0.0
RSS: 4.0.0.0
SendMail: 4.2.0.0
Chime: 3.0.0.0
Notification Skin: 3.6.0.0
Notification Voice: 4.0.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.2.0.0
AntiJunk: 4.2.0.0
Spell Checker: 4.2.0.0
Web of Trust: 4.2.0.0

--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 06:00:03 - 06:00:03 (0 s) (-0700)
Data: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 06:00:03 -0700

--- Error ---
MSN Mail [1: Hotmail/Outlook] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [Smtp: 'smtp.comcast.net' (465) SSL: 1]
Error: Try again later. (-11)

[Moderator note]: This post split from: http://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/viewtopi ... 410#p33410.
Last edited by spc3rd on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
spc3rd

Re: Problems accessing Outlook Mail

Post by spc3rd »

Hi rtorella,

I placed your post into its own new topic here & re-titled it for better exposure. The issue you're experiencing and the PP error message being received appear to indicate a different problem from the one described in the other topic you had originally posted to.

In the interim, while awaiting further review of your post by other members of the Esumsoft Team, I do have one question for you:

Are you able to log-in to the affected account(s) via your browser without any problems?

Thank you and best regards,
Global Moderator
mjs

Re: Problems accessing Outlook Mail

Post by mjs »

Hi rtorella,

As far as I can see the error information doesn't appear to exhibit any glaring issues. The Webmail plugin version is not current, but the version you are using should still not be a problem for Hotmail/Outlook accounts as far as I'm aware. I can only say that the MS Hotmail account I have that uses the "Webmail" (Hotmail/Outlook) protocol is not having any problems.

The suggestion by Pete is definitely something that should be tried to make sure you're not getting a message of some sort from MS Outlook, so that's a good suggestion that I would try first.

That said, you always have the option to use IMAP instead of "Webmail" which is generally a recommended protocol as long as you are able to use it (I use it for all my MS Outlook accounts with the exception of the one).

If you are able to log-in to your account on the web (using the Internet) as Pete suggested you test and your issue still remains persistent, then you could try changing your "Server type" to IMAP (Right-click on account, "Edit account..." > "General" tab, select IMAP from "Server type" drop-down) Note: all other necessary settings will be changed automatically. You also have the option to use the OAuth2 protocol for added security by clicking on that button when using IMAP and following the steps which does not require a password to be entered in PP.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers