PopPeeper leaves folders that cannot be deleted

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
peepinghoward

PopPeeper leaves folders that cannot be deleted

Post by peepinghoward »

My system is Windows 7 Pro
I have some old PopPeeper data folders that cannot be deleted. There are no files in these folders.
i.e.
c:\netdat\PopPeeper\1 xx-xx@habc.net
c:\netdat\PopPeeper\1 xxxxxx-xx@habc.net

When I try to delete the folder, Windows Explorer says 'Could not find the item'

It will let me rename the parent folder (PopPeeper) but not '1 xx-xx@habc.net'

I originally created c:\netdat\popPeeper and specified this as the DataPath in PopPeeper Options-Storage
PopPeeper created the subfolders

No matter what I do, other than accessing the drive in Linux, I cannot delete these folders.
I have changed the PopPeeper data path to a different drive and re-booted. These folders can still not be deleted.
I have checked their properties and they are not Read Only.

My backup program has backed them up to an external backup hard drive and they cannot be deleted from the backup either. The only way I have been able to get rid of them is by formatting the drive.

No other programs that I use create folders that I cannot delete.

Any ideas?
itemnotfound.jpg
Last edited by mjs on Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Edited to redact personal information for privacy/security concerns (re: posted email addresses)
mjs

Re: PopPeeper leaves folders that cannot be deleted

Post by mjs »

Click HERE where you'll find various detailed methods of resolving this kind of problem in Windows 7.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
peepinghoward

Post by peepinghoward »

Method 2 worked. Thanks..
mjs

Post by mjs »

peepinghoward wrote:Method 2 worked. Thanks..
You're very welcome, glad to hear the problems resolved and thanks for reporting back your results.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

This may happen if your account names begin (or end?) with a space. Such folder names can be created, but they aren't compatible with Windows Explorer. POP Peeper v4.1 addressed this problem by preventing that in account names, but it didn't affect existing accounts. If you still have those account names, you may want to rename them (just edit the account in POP Peeper and remove any leading and trailing spaces).