BUG?: Enitire message retrieval in 4.3.0.0 - doesnt

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
fred410

BUG?: Enitire message retrieval in 4.3.0.0 - doesnt

Post by fred410 »

Hello,

In working with POP version 4.3.0.0 - I setup a new IMAP email - setting "Advanced" to "retrieve entire message".

It doesnt seem to work. I only get Headers. It must connect back to email server to get the message if I pull up any particular message.

Even if I "right click" on the email account -- select "check" and then select "entire message" - the activity status line flickers a few messages and then its done - within a second. No way could it pull down over 700 entire messages in less than a second.

thanks Rich

UPDATE: just tested with version 4.2 & 4.1 & 3.8.1 -- setting "Advanced" to "retrieve entire message". Regardless of whether I pull initial email by doing "check mail --> entire message" or by "check messages" with the advance setting in place; it Doesnt work - still get headers only. I have to pull up any particular message to pull down the whole thing. (Also,doing a regular "check mail" having that "advanced" setting, set - doesnt change anything. No message bodies are pulled down.
Last edited by fred410 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: BUG?: Enitire message retrieval in 4.3.0.0 - doesnt

Post by Jeff »

There's an overriding option that won't download the message body if the message is already marked as read:
main menu: Tools / Options / Message Retrieval:
- Webmail/imap: don't retrieve body for messages marked as read on server
fred410

Post by fred410 »

really -- i will check and try that...

DONE.. its pulling down much slower -- so I think its working !!
your good !!

and i see there are options here for to set IMAP/POP/etc from "header" to "entire message".
maybe this is a problem,... now I know of 3 different place where "entire message" options exist and may or may not work when selected.

that did it !!!
thanks !!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

You can add a 4th to that list -- AntiJunk rules also have the capability to retrieve preview/entire (useful if you default to headers) ;)