spam suggestion

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
lian

spam suggestion

Post by lian »

Hello,
I have two suggestions:
1. when marking as "junk" a mail, give the option to put the domain automatically in blacklist (email in blacklist is not enough efficient to my opinion)
2. add a search function in black list. Spammers use subdomains and if will be more efficient to create a rule blocking the main domain than different rules each one for each subdomain. But I need to filter the black list by domain name to find which domain is spamming with subdomains.
Windows 10 64 bits
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: spam suggestion

Post by Jeff »

lian wrote:1. when marking as "junk" a mail, give the option to put the domain automatically in blacklist (email in blacklist is not enough efficient to my opinion)
I think that would be too aggressive. @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, @outlook.com, @yahoo.com, etc. would easily get blacklisted.

However, it does give me an idea that I've added to my notes to consider -- basically an option to *prompt* for domain blacklist, with a user-modifiable "safe list" that won't prompt.
lian wrote:add a search function in black list.
That's an interesting idea, too. Added to my notes for consideration.

Let me know if you have any other ideas!
lian

Re: spam suggestion

Post by lian »

I agree with you that automatic blacklisted domain is dangerous but if you find a solution to show the domain and give the opportunity to blacklist it, it will be cool.
And I don't have any other idea :P For the moment :-=
Windows 10 64 bits