Yahoo Mail stuck "Retrieving Inbox..."

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rd4pp

Yahoo Mail stuck "Retrieving Inbox..."

Post by rd4pp »

Hi,

PP 4.3.0.0
Webmail 4.2.5.0 (Later versions do not apply to me, it says)

I have three Yahoo accounts. Two of them work fine. One has just recently stopped working. It sits at "Retrieving Inbox..." forever and never errors out. I can log into the account just fine in a browser, I get taken straight to my Inbox. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ross
mjs

Re: Yahoo Mail stuck "Retrieving Inbox..."

Post by mjs »

You could try exiting and restarting POP Peeper, if that doesn't help then try rebooting (shut down/boot-up) your computer.

If problem persists, then assuming you are using the webmail ("Yahoo" account "Server type") protocol -- you could consider using the IMAP protocol for this account (edit account and select the "IMAP" option for "Server type", all other settings will automatically set).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
rd4pp

Post by rd4pp »

Hi,

I forgot to mention that I have to exit PP and restart it. Once it gets stuck and never finishes that cycle of checking mail, it never check the other accounts again (two Gmail and three Yahoo accounts total).

I will try rebooting, though it seems odd that only one account is affected.

I have always preferred Webmail to IMAP, so I will stick with it if I can.

Thanks,
Ross
mjs

Post by mjs »

If a reboot does not help and you prefer to keep using the "Webmail" protocol, you might want to try moving any messages that have arrived in that Yahoo accounts inbox since the problem started to another folder in your Yahoo account on the web. If doing this solves your problem then Jeff may want to take a look at the message(s) causing the problem in order to avoid a repeat of the same (Webmail) issue so you might want to consider saving the message(s) where you moved them for this purpose at a later time.

Another thing to try if the issue still persists (albeit not optimistic it will help) would be to create a "Duplicate account" (right-click on the problematic account, select "Duplicate account...") to see if the problem is solved in the newly created account.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

Ross, as a FYI follow-up, if you're at the point of attempting to find a message that may be causing the issue in POP Peeper for this problematic account (mentioned above), the message to be isolated (moved from the Yahoo accounts online inbox) would most likely be either the most recent message in the POP Peeper inbox for the problematic account or the next successive message displayed in the specific Yahoo accounts inbox on the web that fails to get displayed in the POP Peeper inbox.

Please keep us posted on your results.
rd4pp

Post by rd4pp »

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. I restarted PP one or two more times, I don't remember exactly. I did not reboot. The problems seems to have gone away. I have not seen it today, Sunday. I don't know why.

Thanks,
Ross
rd4pp

Post by rd4pp »

The problem is back again today. I will try moving recent messages in that account's Inbox to a folder and maybe try the duplicate account.
I probably won't get to work on this today; probably tomorrow. I will keep you posted.

Ross
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Contact me via email and I'll provide instructions to create a log so that we can see what's going on -- (support at esumsoft dot com)