Pop Peeper Not Picking Up Messages

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
doomdoom88

Pop Peeper Not Picking Up Messages

Post by doomdoom88 »

Hello,
I noticed yesterday that Pop Peeper has stopped picking up my emails from one of my Hotmail accounts and doesn't have a number next to it for example all my other email accounts have a 0 next to them because there is no emails in the account.
I have looked into my email account on my broswer and its working fine so I don't understrand why Pop Peeper isnt picking the emails up from this account any more?
Thanks
mjs

Re: Pop Peeper Not Picking Up Messages

Post by mjs »

The counter that has a blank instead of zero for this specific account I presume is the "Unread" counter, correct?

First try exiting and restarting PP.

If this does not help then try rebooting your computer.

If problem persists then please answer the following questions:

1) What "Server type" are you using? (i.e. Hotmail/Outlook, IMAP, POP3) To check this edit your account (right-click on account) click on "Edit", then make sure your on the "General" tab and post the "Server type" setting you see on this page.

2) What version of Pop Peeper are you using? (go to "Help" > "About Pop Peeper" for this information)

3) While you are in "About Pop Peeper", if you are using the "Hotmail/Outlook" Server type setting (see question 1 above) then please post the "Webmail" plugin version you are using?

4) Are you getting an error? If so then please post the error information for this problem account. To do this, click on the Yellow Exclamation icon in lower right corner of Pop Peeper main interface, click the "Copy" button and paste this information to this topic (place cursor in your reply, right-click and select "Paste").

Thank you
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
doomdoom88

Post by doomdoom88 »

Hello,

Yes it is the unread counter that is missing.

I have restarting Pop Peeper and restarted my computer but it still doesn't work.

1. The email account is using Hotmail/Outlook.

2. I'm using Pop Peeper version 4.3.0.0

3. I'm using Webmail plugin 4.2.5.0

4. I'm not getting an error.

Thanks
doomdoom88

Post by doomdoom88 »

All fixed!
I just checked the settings and for some reason my password had disappeared so I've put it back in and now it works again :)
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you had been using OAuth2, that probably explains why there was no password (oauth2 doesn't require password). There have been cases where something prevents PP from logging in and doesn't report an error, but I haven't been able to duplicate this scenario.

Oops: noticed that you are using server type = "hotmail / outlook" instead of imap like I assumed. PP should certainly report an error in that case.
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

I've recently been getting this problem, so decided to visit the forum to post about it.
But, I see there is already a thread about it.

It is only affecting the Hotmail/Outlook.com account that I am using OAuth2 with. Settings below.

mjs

Post by mjs »

See if exiting and restarting POP Peeper helps, if not try rebooting the computer.

If the problem persists and you are not getting any errors then Jeff may want to get a "quick log" from you.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Thanks for your reply, but I have gone back to Hotmail/Outlook server type.
IMAP OAuth2 setup is too flaky for me.