HTML View

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: HTML View

Post by Jeff »

Do not upload the source here. Be sure to PM it to me or email (support at esumsoft dot com).
YourKoolPal

Post by YourKoolPal »

Hi Jeff,

I have sent you the PM with the attachment. It's showing in my PM outbox. I am hoping you will get it.
Jeff wrote:Do not upload the source here. Be sure to PM it to me or email (support at esumsoft dot com).
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, the fact that you were able to view the message source suggests that the problem is *not* with the temp folder. Which would leave us with Internet Explorer.

Are you able to view a local html file with IE? For example, copy and paste this into a text editor:

Code: Select all

<!doctype html>
<html style="border:none;"><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><base target=_blank href="http://"></head><body>
Hello World!
</body></html>
Save the file somewhere with an .html extension, e.g.
C:\Users\Public\test.html

Open Internet Explorer
Press Ctrl+O and open that file -- you should see "hello world"

You can also test that same file in PP -- from the main window, press Ctrl+O and open that file; try to view it as HTML and, again, you should see "hello world"

There may be some security settings in IE that you can change. These are just suggestions, I don't know if they'll help or not, so if not, I suggest changing them back if you change anything (note: you may need to restart PP when you change something for it to take effect):
Under Tools / Internet Options; "Security" tab:
I'm actually not sure which zone would apply to local files. But here are my default settings:
Internet: Medium-high, "enable protected mode" is checkmarked
Local Intranet: medium-low; "enable protected mode" is NOT checkmarked
trusted: medium; not checkmarked
restricted: high; checkmarked

If that doesn't help: sorry, I just don't have any other ideas...