New Feature Request: Multiple Save Folders

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
keiser13

New Feature Request: Multiple Save Folders

Post by keiser13 »

Archive is nice but the ability to create and save to different folders would be a big improvement.
Please consider this.
Thank you!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: New Feature Request: Multiple Save Folders

Post by Jeff »

The ability to archive is intended to be simple; not only for the user's sake, but also so that Sent Mail Viewer can find the messages to display them. SMV does (now) support sub-folders, which you can use to drag&drop to organize the messages. I suppose that could be extended to PP, but... we'll see.

What exactly do you have in mind for the folders? ie. do you want to save them in sub-folders of the main "archive" folder or do you want to save them somewhere completely different? In the latter case, you may be better off simply using "save message as" (or "view source").
keiser13

Post by keiser13 »

I group some received mail by topics.
I had not seen "save message as."
If I may suggest, adding "save messages as" to the right click menu would be nice.
I will create subfolders and using the existing "save messsages as" will work OK for now.
Thanks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

You can't "save as" from the context menu of the message list, but you can View -> View source and then save the resulting file from your text editor. Just save it with an '.eml' extension and it's exactly the same.
keiser13

Post by keiser13 »

Excellent!