Enhancement idea

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
naura

Enhancement idea

Post by naura »

I've just started using Pop Peeper (Plus Pack), and I'm finding it an excellent program.

Might it be possible, in future, to have folders in which to put accounts, so that we could group them together? I have a good number of accounts, from various providers, and it would be great, for saving space and ease of use, to be able to group them in folders which opened out into a 'tree' of accounts. What do you think?
mjs

Re: Enhancement idea

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum naura,

While awaiting further review of your topic by other members of the Esumsoft Team, I'll first off say I personally do not use sub-folders in POP Peeper so I'm not that familiar with the topic but there are a few topics discussed that may be relevant to your question that I'll include here. For instance perhaps THIS TOPIC (click on link) recently posted in the forum is related to what your asking about and perhaps THIS POST by Jeff in another topic may also provide additional information that is relevant as well.

Also in the interim, you may find it helpful to review the following Sticky topic: Information for new users and forum members.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
naura

Post by naura »

That's helpful - thanks. It's not so much where one can *save* emails which arrive, as the organisation of the accounts in the left-hand column. I know it's possible to group accounts alphabetically and by color; but I just wondered whether there might be a call for a 'tree' folder system. For instance, all 'work' accounts could go in one folder, all home or something in another. just another way of organising, really.

That said, the program is great already!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I do have plans for the capability to "group" accounts. Possibly: I'll borrow the "label" concept of gmail so that a single account can belong to more than one group/label.

The traditional "tree" control doesn't work very well because trees cannot have columns (this is why most email clients put a single number in parentheses to indicate the number of "unread"). POP Peeper's Sent Mail Viewer has a custom tree control that supports sub-folders, which was basically added as a proof of concept.
naura

Post by naura »

I'm grateful, lakrsrool and Jeff, for the care you've taken in answering this. I'll leave it with you!