POP Peeper Not Working. Yahoo issue?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Rakdan

POP Peeper Not Working. Yahoo issue?

Post by Rakdan »

The last two or more days, POP Peeper is often giving the error

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.3.0.0
Webmail: 4.3.1.0
SSL: 1.0.2.10
IMAP: 4.3.0.0
SendMail: 4.3.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.2.0.0

--- Error ---
MYACCOUNTNAMEHERE [0: POP3] ['pop.mail.yahoo.com' (995) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1]
Login Error ([SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.)

If I check the individual account by itself, it always seems to work, but once this starts happening to a random account when I check all my accounts, it happens almost all the time.
I checked the speed of my connection, and it is good.
The accounts that do work take much longer than usual.
I have no problem checking my email online.
Eventually, I can check my mail normally, but then the problem returns again later.
Last edited by spc3rd on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Info added to topic title to provide better attention.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: POP Peeper Not Working. Yahoo issue?

Post by Jeff »

This part of the text -- [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later. -- comes directly from the server. So there's not really anything you or POP Peeper can do about that.

You might try using IMAP instead of POP3. I've haven't seen too many errors myself using Yahoo's IMAP (maybe 1-2 a day), but lakrsrool (moderator) has seen an increase in errors over the past few days, so ymmv. If you do switch to IMAP, Edit the account and just change the "server type" to IMAP; also, make sure that you enable "IDLE/Push" on the bottom-right, as this can often reduce errors associated with logging in (because PP doesn't have to login as frequently when using idle).