Sending stopped working-yahoo

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jdbliss

Sending stopped working-yahoo

Post by jdbliss »

Recently at work my yahoo accounts have stopped sending out. I receive emails fine. Emails send fine from within web yahoo. I suspect something on our network but don't know what to check or change.

Thanks

John

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.3.0.0
Webmail: 4.3.1.0
SSL: 1.0.2.6
IMAP: 4.3.0.0
RSS: 4.3.0.0
SendMail: 4.3.0.0
Chime: 3.0.0.0
Notification Skin: 4.3.0.0
Notification Voice: 4.3.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.3.0.0
Spell Checker: 4.3.0.0

--- Error ---
jdbliss4 [3: Yahoo] ['' (143) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]
Send Mail: Error (-60)
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Sending stopped working-yahoo

Post by Jeff »

I just tested a couple of accounts (basic and full interfaces) and didn't have any problems. If receiving in PP works and sending from your webbrowser works, there shouldn't be any reason that PP doesn't work.

Email me (support at esumsoft dot com) and I'll provide instructions for logging to see what's wrong.
jdbliss

Post by jdbliss »

Sent. Thanks as always!
andromeda

Post by andromeda »

--- Version ---
SSL: 1.0.2.10

--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 20:21:48 - 20:21:49 (1 s) (+0200)
Data: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 11:21:49 -0700

--- Error ---
Yahoo [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
After receiving the above error for 3 days Yahoo sent me an email which said I can't SEND from my account from login apps that don't live up to modern security standards !!! ??? You can perhaps check what they mean and make some adjustments in PP which I have used for many years :)
mjs

Post by mjs »

There is the option to use IMAP with oAuth2 enabled instead of using Webmail (Yahoo) as your "Server type".

You do this by following these steps:
1) Edit the Yahoo account (right-click on account and select "Edit account...").
2) Change the accounts "Server type" from "Yahoo" to "IMAP" from the drop-down selection list.
3) Then click on the "oAuth2" button and follow each step to enable this function.
4) Press the "Update" button to save your changes.

By doing this you should not get these messages from Yahoo. :wink:

Note: I notice that you have been communicating with Jeff privately about a prior issue, if you are in the middle of this you might want to wait and resolve the previous issue before doing the above. :idea:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
jdbliss

Post by jdbliss »

Thanks Lakrsroll, I am in communication with Jeff.

My Yahoo has also mentioned the security issue just like Andromeda's, except in a pop-up periodically, for what seems like a year now. I have always told them to bug off....

While I am not overly concerned about it, maybe Andromeda has a point and I should be. Hmm.

But I will continue to work with Jeff and we can see where it leads.

John
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

andromeda wrote:--- Version ---
SSL: 1.0.2.10

--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 20:21:48 - 20:21:49 (1 s) (+0200)
Data: Thu, 06 Apr 2017 11:21:49 -0700

--- Error ---
Yahoo [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
After receiving the above error for 3 days Yahoo sent me an email which said I can't SEND from my account from login apps that don't live up to modern security standards !!! ??? You can perhaps check what they mean and make some adjustments in PP which I have used for many years :)
Welcome to the Esumsoft Forums, andromeda! :)

Just a note here that your post has not gone unnoticed. The Esumsoft Team has been unusually busy working on a number of major issues lately, so at times, there may be some delay in receiving a response back.

In the interim, as you are a new member of the forums, we ask that you please review Information for new users and forum members.

This Sticky topic provides useful information which will help better acquaint you with the Forums, the members of the Esumsoft Team, Forum Rules, posting & replying to topics, answers to some common questions/issues, and other resources as well.

If you should have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to let us know!

Best regards,
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

andromeda wrote:..... Yahoo sent me an email which said I can't SEND from my account from login apps that don't live up to modern security standards !!! ??? You can perhaps check what they mean and make some adjustments in PP which I have used for many years :)
In case you were not aware, instead of using the "Yahoo" (WebMail) setting for your "Server type" you have another alternate option to use "IMAP" along with oAuth2 which by using this combination of settings you would not see these type of messages from Yahoo anymore, that is unless there is some reason you are unable to use IMAP.

If you would be interested in trying "IMAP" then the steps to switch to this protocol would be the following:
1) Edit the Yahoo account (right-click on account and select "Edit account...").
2) Change the accounts "Server type" from "Yahoo" to "IMAP" from the drop-down selection list.
3) Then click on the "oAuth2" button and follow each step to enable this function.
4) Press the "Update" button to save your changes.

Keep in mind that the first Mail Check (only) will take longer after making this change as PP switches over to the changed protocol. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
andromeda

Post by andromeda »

Hi lakrsrool
Good to know and and thanks for your input - I'll certainly try it if PP's team can't tweak PP so that it comes up to Yahoo's standards !!! as I realise they are trying to protect the public. Like jdbliss, I too can send from within Yahoo and will continue to do so temporarily. :D
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Andromeda -- to be clear, the use of IMAP with OAuth2 *IS* the security standard that Yahoo is referring you to. In fact, POP Peeper is ahead of the game because the latest version of Thunderbird (v52.0) still does not support OAuth2 for Yahoo.

So, if you want to meet Yahoo standards, you need to edit the account and switch the "server type" to IMAP and then press the OAuth2 button and follow its instructions. In fact, using IMAP is recommended over WebMail (ie. server type = "Yahoo").

The specific issue regarding the -60 error with WebMail is still being investigated, but there are multiple reasons for a -60 error. That is, the specific reason for jdbliss' issue seems a little unusual and may not be the same reason you have a problem.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Jeff wrote:Andromeda -- to be clear, the use of IMAP with OAuth2 *IS* the security standard that Yahoo is referring you to. In fact, POP Peeper is ahead of the game because the latest version of Thunderbird (v52.0) still does not support OAuth2 for Yahoo.
So true, and OAuth2 is also not supported in my current Postbox Email Client and to my knowledge was also not supported in my former MS Outlook 2010 and WLM11 for that matter, which is why it is required for me to enable "less secure apps" for any Yahoo accounts to work in Postbox for example. :wink:

If I do not enable "less secure apps" in Yahoo for my Yahoo accounts used in my Postbox Email Client then I will get the dreaded:
Without support for OAuth2 Yahoo will require "less secure apps" to be enabled in Yahoo.
Without support for OAuth2 Yahoo will require "less secure apps" to be enabled in Yahoo.