Yahoo Webmail fails to send mail

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rd4pp

Yahoo Webmail fails to send mail

Post by rd4pp »

Hi,

Pop Peeper 4.3.0.0
Webmail 4.2.5.0 (4.3.1.0 does not apply to my accounts)

I've been using Yahoo Webmail for years, but for the last 5-7 days or so I have been unable to send e-mail from any of my three Yahoo accounts. I was getting Error 60 for a few days. Now I get Error 0.

I've finally given up and and have changed the accounts to IMAP. Sending mail works that way.
Just FYI for anyone else having this issue.

Ross
mjs

Re: Yahoo Webmail fails to send mail

Post by mjs »

Thanks for posting your findings rd4pp,

After testing a Yahoo account with "Webmail", I can definitely confirm the "Error 0" when sending mail using conventional "Webmail" protocol settings that will apparently now occur for Yahoo accounts (similar issue as MSN accounts using "Webmail").

For those that prefer to use "Webmail" (instead of the recommended "IMAP"), changing the Send Mail "Send option" from the existing default "Webmail" setting to "SMTP" (refer to screen-shot) fixes this "send" problem for those using the "Yahoo" (Webmail) "Server type" (for incoming):
Change from Webmail  to SMTP fixes send.png
This approach is what resolves similar "send" errors for MSN accounts using Webmail "Server type" ("Hotmail/Outlook") as well. :wink: (which btw, was originally pointed out by webmjmweb HERE =D>)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Several people have mentioned a -60 when sending via full interface of Yahoo (basic works). I have a potential fix available, so if you want to help troubleshoot, please email (support at esumsoft dot com).

Also, there is a beta interface for Yahoo, and this will cause errors if you're using it (this will affect incoming email).
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

[For popkat]

I removed the *duplicate post you made, as the issue you are reporting is different than the OP's topic here. Your original topic post is still in place.

Best regards.
Global Moderator