Sent mail not visible - Zoho & Yandex

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
YourKoolPal

Sent mail not visible - Zoho & Yandex

Post by YourKoolPal »

Hi,

I have a few custom domains whose emails have been setup on Zoho Mail & Yandex.

I am using POP Peeper Pro v4.4 Beta 2 for these accounts using IMAP.

I have no issues in accessing Inbox for these accounts, however, when I sync the sent mail folder, I cannot view the emails. The count of sent email is accurate, but the emails are not viewable. Please see attached screenshot.
Zoho-Yandex Sent emails.png
Is there something wrong in my setup / config somewhere?

Thanks.

P.S. I have no issues with other email providers like gmail / yahoo / outlook.com (other than the current IMAP issues being tracked recently)
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Sent mail not visible - Zoho & Yandex

Post by Jeff »

I happen to have a zoho account, so I tested it and no problems here.

So given that there's probably nothing special about the service provider, my guess is that those particular accounts in PP are set to only retrieve the stats (number of messages). To change this:
- Edit the account in POP Peeper
- Select the 'Advanced' page (if you don't see it, back out to main screen: Tool / Options; General, enable "Advanced options")
- Check what you have for the "retrieval option" -- it should be at least headers
YourKoolPal

Post by YourKoolPal »

Jeff wrote:I happen to have a zoho account, so I tested it and no problems here.

So given that there's probably nothing special about the service provider, my guess is that those particular accounts in PP are set to only retrieve the stats (number of messages). To change this:
- Edit the account in POP Peeper
- Select the 'Advanced' page (if you don't see it, back out to main screen: Tool / Options; General, enable "Advanced options")
- Check what you have for the "retrieval option" -- it should be at least headers
Thanks for the quick reply Jeff.

Retrieval options are all set as Default (entire message).

Additional info if it helps since this is the beta version, I am using it in a portable mode. i.e. I unzipped the exe and then I am using this version of Pop-Peeper in portable mode.
mjs

Post by mjs »

YourKoolPal - What do you have for your storage location paths (Tools > Options > Storage)?

For information on this, from the PP main menu go to "Help" > "Contents", then do a "Search" for "portable" and select "storage" (double-click).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
YourKoolPal

Post by YourKoolPal »

lakrsrool wrote:YourKoolPal - What do you have for your storage location paths (Tools > Options > Storage)?

For information on this, from the PP main menu go to "Help" > "Contents", then do a "Search" for "portable" and select "storage" (double-click).
Hi lakrsrool,

The data path shows 'data'.

Hope this info is sufficient for you.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Have you tried exiting/restarting POP Peeper?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
YourKoolPal

Post by YourKoolPal »

lakrsrool wrote:Have you tried exiting/restarting POP Peeper?
Yes lakrsrool, I have restarted POP Peeper multiple times including restarting the laptop as well.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Try disabling message filters temporarily:
Main menu: Messages / Enable display filters

I'm betting that this will work and that the messages will appear in italics.

There's an AntiJunk filter which hides messages from yourself by default.

I recommend that you edit this rule so that it behaves more appropriately:
1) Main menu: Tools / Antijunk -> Main interface
2) Select the 'Rules' page on the left
3) Edit the 'BCC' rule
4) copy this:

Code: Select all

[Rules]
BCC_Action = 2 6 -1 "" "" 16777215 16777215 ""
BCC_Comment = Email that you BCC to yourself is marked as read.\r\n\r\nUpdate: this Rule will not activate if your email address is in the To/CC fields; therefore, it is truly a BCC-only rule.
BCC_Rule00 = 0 1 1 "+FromAddress" 0 "%email%"
BCC_Rule01 = 1 0 1 "+FromName" 0 "%name%"
BCC_Rule02 = 2 0 1 "+FromName" 0 "'%name%'"
BCC_Rule03 = 3 1 0 "To" 1 "%email%"
BCC_Rule04 = 4 1 0 "CC" 1 "%email%"
BCC_Rule05 = 5 1 9 "+Account" 1 "*Sent"
BCC_Status = weight_-1
5) From the menu, select Edit / paste rule set
6) Press OK a few times to save

fyi: Rule00-Rule04 has been the default ruleset for a while, but if you upgraded to an earlier release of v4.0, you may have an older version of this rule which didn't have Rule03-Rule04 (that change allows you to send test messages to yourself without getting hidden). This particular incarnation adds Rule05, which prevents the rule from being applied to accounts that end with 'Sent' (and I've included this update for future releases). This may not be a perfect solution, but it works for the default naming convention that PP uses when auto-creating folder-accounts, which I see your accounts use and should therefore work.

This won't retroactively affect existing messages, so you may want to un-hide any messages (select all your sent messages in each account, right-click: mark as -> hidden).

Don't forget to re-enable display filters
YourKoolPal

Post by YourKoolPal »

Jeff wrote:Try disabling message filters temporarily:
Main menu: Messages / Enable display filters

I'm betting that this will work and that the messages will appear in italics.

There's an AntiJunk filter which hides messages from yourself by default.

I recommend that you edit this rule so that it behaves more appropriately:
1) Main menu: Tools / Antijunk -> Main interface
2) Select the 'Rules' page on the left
3) Edit the 'BCC' rule
4) copy this:

Code: Select all

[Rules]
BCC_Action = 2 6 -1 "" "" 16777215 16777215 ""
BCC_Comment = Email that you BCC to yourself is marked as read.\r\n\r\nUpdate: this Rule will not activate if your email address is in the To/CC fields; therefore, it is truly a BCC-only rule.
BCC_Rule00 = 0 1 1 "+FromAddress" 0 "%email%"
BCC_Rule01 = 1 0 1 "+FromName" 0 "%name%"
BCC_Rule02 = 2 0 1 "+FromName" 0 "'%name%'"
BCC_Rule03 = 3 1 0 "To" 1 "%email%"
BCC_Rule04 = 4 1 0 "CC" 1 "%email%"
BCC_Rule05 = 5 1 9 "+Account" 1 "*Sent"
BCC_Status = weight_-1
5) From the menu, select Edit / paste rule set
6) Press OK a few times to save

fyi: Rule00-Rule04 has been the default ruleset for a while, but if you upgraded to an earlier release of v4.0, you may have an older version of this rule which didn't have Rule03-Rule04 (that change allows you to send test messages to yourself without getting hidden). This particular incarnation adds Rule05, which prevents the rule from being applied to accounts that end with 'Sent' (and I've included this update for future releases). This may not be a perfect solution, but it works for the default naming convention that PP uses when auto-creating folder-accounts, which I see your accounts use and should therefore work.

This won't retroactively affect existing messages, so you may want to un-hide any messages (select all your sent messages in each account, right-click: mark as -> hidden).

Don't forget to re-enable display filters
Hey Jeff! You are awesome! I did not know of this. I simply had to uncheck Messages -> Hide Hidden Messages and all is well in the world! :D

I did not have to copy these rules, etc.

Perhaps this could be saved in some FAQ to prevent future worries / queries?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I would still recommend changing the rule so that PP will behave the way it's intended. Even if you don't use the "hide" attribute, I know that for me, I wouldn't want to see messages in italics...

btw, maybe you already know this, but there's an option that you may want to apply to your sent messages. More than likely, you don't have a need to see your sent messages in the main message list and they're just causing clutter. Edit the account; select the 'Advanced' page and set "hide messages from *all accounts*" to "all." You can still view the messages when you need to by viewing that account (e.g. double-click the account in the Accounts list).
YourKoolPal

Post by YourKoolPal »

Jeff wrote:I would still recommend changing the rule so that PP will behave the way it's intended. Even if you don't use the "hide" attribute, I know that for me, I wouldn't want to see messages in italics...

btw, maybe you already know this, but there's an option that you may want to apply to your sent messages. More than likely, you don't have a need to see your sent messages in the main message list and they're just causing clutter. Edit the account; select the 'Advanced' page and set "hide messages from *all accounts*" to "all." You can still view the messages when you need to by viewing that account (e.g. double-click the account in the Accounts list).
Thanks again Jeff! Currently I am using these email accounts for some testing and hence my need to view all sent emails.

Just a suggestion: Can these & other tips & tricks be saved somewhere for newbies like me? These are just awesome features which may not be known to all easily.

Thanks.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

There probably should be. I think I had an "easter eggs" or "tips&tricks" section on the old website (poppeeper.com) which I didn't move over to esumsoft.com, but those were more basic tips like:
- You can double-click on the word "view" (above the message list) to return to *All Accounts*

But, yeah, I should probably create a section for that somewhere...