IP desktop download laptop not download

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
hime3

IP desktop download laptop not download

Post by hime3 »

Desktop downloads Cox IP email. Laptop will not download IP email.
Can find no IP email "delete when read" setting online.
All emails are on IP server.
Can not find PP setting that might prevent laptop from downloading email after desktop downloads email.
Suggestions?
thanks
hime3
mjs

Re: IP desktop download laptop not download

Post by mjs »

If I'm not mistaken it appears you are asking a few different questions.

To clarify,
1) You have messages in your Cox Email account but you are saying that messages are not retrieved by POP Peeper -- is this correct?
If so and if you are getting PP errors then please post the errors in this topic by clicking on the yellow exclamation in lower-right corner of PP main window and do a "Copy" and then "Paste" to this topic.
2) Not sure what you mean by "setting online" about asking "delete when read", but there is a PP setting to hide "read" messages under the "messages" option of the main PP interface.
3) As to not finding a "PP setting that might prevent laptop from downloading email after desktop downloads email", please clarify further what it is that you want to do.

If you are not getting errors or unable to post errors to this topic then please provide the following:
1) PP version you are using.
2) Server type setting used (IMAP, POP3).

There is a post by Pete (admittedly dated but could still be applicable) specific to Cox mail that may be of help to you:
COX Email - log-in issues may be due to update request
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

hime3- I have received a PM from Pete that should be of help to you which I'll simply post below:
PM from Pete wrote: This is just a brief informational note about hime3's topic about Cox email, and not being able to find a setting within Cox's email account settings which would automatically "Delete the email after he reads it".

As I have several Cox email accounts myself, there is NO setting available in Cox which will accomplish what he's asking about. After he reads a Cox email, he can only either delete it from within the Cox account itself (if he's logged into it on-line), or delete it from the account within PP.
Please post back if you have any further questions about this or additional questions regarding other parts of your post. :wink:

Thanks Pete for your help. Image
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
hime3

Post by hime3 »

Thank you for reply. Cox tech this mornign said PP problem; not Cox. Called again this afternoon to Level 2. Problem was Cox. Changed incoming and outgoing for 2nd server being merged with another server. My email address was assigned to 2nd server without correct incoming outgoing. Changed settings and all is well.