Time stamps in the future

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jdbliss

Time stamps in the future

Post by jdbliss »

I am noticing that PP shows timestamps from my Yahoo account 7 hours ahead of when they were sent:
One from my Wife this morning:
Yahoo web: 5:17am
Yahoo PP: 12:17pm

Looking at another email...my Dad sent an email to both my Yahoo account and my Gmail account, with a 7 hour difference.
Yahoo in PP: 5/11/2017 4:03am
Yahoo on web: 5/10/2017 9:03pm
Gmail in PP: 5/10/2017 9:03pm
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Time stamps in the future

Post by Jeff »

I've done some testing and it seems that if you're using Webmail (servertype = "Yahoo") AND your Yahoo account is using the basic interface, then the timestamps will be off (presumably, based on your timezone from UTC). If you're using IMAP or Webmail with the "newest" interface, then the timestamps will work.

I personally recommend using IMAP (edit the account and change the server type to IMAP), but I'll look into this.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, this has been fixed (it was indeed a UTC-relative issue) and will be released probably tomorrow or over the weekend. If you want to confirm it now, email me and I'll send you the file.

I think I may have seen this issue before but, at the time, I may have thought it was a bug in Yahoo. Here's why:
When I sent my Yahoo/basic account a message and logged in, the inbox showed me the same timestamp that PP did -- 6 hours in the future. Only after I (open the message / refresh the inbox / something), does the inbox correctly show the time. This repeats itself each time I logout and back into the account.

Before & After screenshot:
Same email; before & after
Same email; before & after
YahooBasic_TimeStamps.png (5.51 KiB) Viewed 3056 times
jdbliss

Post by jdbliss »

Thanks for addressing this. I will wait for the fix to appear auto-magically!

As always, I appreciate your help!

John
jdbliss

Post by jdbliss »

With the new update the Dates look good. Thank you!!!!
John
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I slipped an updated webmail into the v4.4 release last night :) So not everybody will have it yet, but glad to know that it works.