Error: Try again later. (-20)

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
tjpsnj

Post by tjpsnj »

I get this error on a third of my yahoo accounts. Is there somewhere we can search for the error? I feel bad asking the forum as these errors are always something I did. What does the error mean?

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.4.1.0
Webmail: 4.4.1.0
SSL: 1.0.2.11
IMAP: 4.4.0.0
RSS: 4.3.0.0
SendMail: 4.4.0.0
Notification Voice: 4.3.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.3.0.0
AntiJunk: 4.4.0.0
Spell Checker: 4.4.0.0
Web of Trust: 4.4.0.0

--- Web Test ---
Result: 200
Error:
Time: 22:51:17 - 22:51:17 (0 s) (-0400)
Data: Tue, 16 May 2017 19:51:20 -0700

--- Error ---
acct [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [Consec: 1]
- Error: Try again later. (-20)

acctt [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [Consec: 1]

accttt [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [Consec: 1]
spc3rd

Re: Error: Try again later. (-20)

Post by spc3rd »

Hi tjpsnj,

First, no need to feel bad about posting an issue you are having. That's why the Esumsoft Forums are here - to help you resolve them!

My initial impression is the error message(s) are the result of a server-side issue on Yahoo's end, such as, the server being unusually busy. However, there may very well be another reason.

While awaiting further review of your topic by other members of The Esumsoft Team, please post back with the following info:

1. How long have you been receiving the error messages, and do they ever clear on any subsequent mail checks PP does of the accounts?

2. Are you able to log-in to each of the affected accounts via your browser without any problems?
(If you are automatically logged-in, be sure to first log-out, then log back in).

3. Have you made any changes to the settings in the problematic accounts? (E.g., changing the Polling interval for how often POP Peeper performs a mail check of each account(s).

4. How are you accessing your other accounts - which are not having problems? (I.e., "* Server type": Webmail (Yahoo), POP3, IMAP).

[* To determine this, right-click the problem account(s) in the Account List shown on the left side of the PP main interface, click "EDIT ACCOUNT". Under the [GENERAL] tab, look at what is shown in the box beside "Server type"].

If your problematic accounts begin working again, please also let us know this as well.

Thank you & best regards,
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Yahoo is updating their back-end and this is causing the error (I've also seen -11). I know Yahoo has a beta interface, and I suspect that these changes to the non-beta interface are being made to transition to the future interface.

Anyway, I've been working on the fix and it should be available soon. I'll post back here once it's ready so that you can force the update.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

WebMail v4.4.2 is now released. To force POP Peeper to update:
- From POP Peeper's main menu, select Help / About
- Ensure that "Auto-update webmail plugin" is enabled
- Press the "Check version" button

Let me know if you still have any issues. It's possible that Yahoo will continue to make changes that affect POP Peeper.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Jeff wrote:WebMail v4.4.2 is now released. To force POP Peeper to update:
- From POP Peeper's main menu, select Help / About
- Ensure that "Auto-update webmail plugin" is enabled
- Press the "Check version" button

Let me know if you still have any issues. It's possible that Yahoo will continue to make changes that affect POP Peeper.
If I may add my 2-cents, the "Check version" worked flawlessly of course but more importantly the "Try again later" error with "Consec: 15" in error info as noted below in red (hence persistent) cleared and I observed (based on status bar) that messages were reloaded into the inbox presumably as a result of Webmail plugin update. =D> :wink:

--- Version ---
Webmail: 4.4.2.0
RSS: 4.3.0.0
Chime: 3.0.0.0
Notification Voice: 4.3.0.0
Profile Picture: 4.3.0.0
AntiJunk: 4.4.0.0
Spell Checker: 4.4.0.0
Web of Trust: 4.4.0.0

--- Error ---
XXXXXXXXX [3: Yahoo] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1] [Consec: 15]
- Error: Try again later. (-1)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
ljrjess69

Post by ljrjess69 »

--- Version ---
Webmail: 4.4.2.0
Profile Picture: 4.2.0.0
AntiJunk: 4.2.0.0 (disabled)
Spell Checker: 4.2.0.0 (disabled)
Web of Trust: 4.2.0.0 (disabled)

--- Error ---
XXXXXXXX [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [Consec: 1]
- Error: Try again later. (-41)

i am having this problem too...and one of my email account i know i have email in it is not showing i have any mail in at all,,,,,i updated every thing correctly i believe
help please
Last edited by mjs on Thu May 18, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited account for security reasons to remove email address
mjs

Post by mjs »

ljrjess69 - try exiting and restarting POP Peeper (I don't see anything wrong with your "Webmail" account settings or PP versions). If that doesn't help try rebooting your computer. It appears that you added this account and set it to use "Webmail" (Server setting "Yahoo") when you first created the account and have never changed any protocol settings since, is this correct?

Oh and one other thing, are you able to log-in to the Yahoo account and go directly to your inbox on the web using your browser?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

webmail v4.4.3 has been released to fix this -- same instructions as above if PP hasn't auto-updated yet.

Description: -41 error was occurring when trying to delete. The selected messages would actually delete, but POP Peeper was getting a return condition that they were not, so it would report an error. The error would clear on the next mail check.