Subfolder Pane by account

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jdbliss

Subfolder Pane by account

Post by jdbliss »

I think I read something to this effect already in previous posts this year, and maybe suggestion it may occur in v5.0 or something, but...

What about a Subfolder pane on the left, maybe between the account pane and the email pane, that reflects the subfolders of the account currently selected?

I know PP is an email notifier and not manager, but I have just recently discovered that I can right click on an email and "Move to..." and select a subfolder from my Yahoo account, and the email moves to it, and the subfolder shows up in the "Move to..." menu for the next time. I found this incredibly exciting to have this ability, and maybe its because I just transformed my accounts to imap, but its great!

So, I have a lot of subfolders in my main Yahoo account, being able to see them in PP would be very beneficial.

Just a thought!
Please keep up the good work on this great product!

John
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Subfolder Pane by account

Post by Jeff »

You can already create accounts that will check folders. See this FAQ:
http://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-pe ... op_folders

As for the specific addition of a pane to separate folders -- I have mentioned that this will be added.

I've always envisioned the pane *below* the list of accounts, but on its side could have its benefits, too... we'll have to see.
jdbliss

Post by jdbliss »

Thanks Jeff,
I had tried out the accounts that will check folders thing...I had a hard time wrapping my head around it.
The folders below the accounts is a great idea!

Thanks for listening!

John
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The way that the folders-as-accounts was originally designed was with the idea that these folders would be monitored just like an inbox; e.g. a spam folder or another folder that you're filtering mail to.

As POP Peeper has progressed to offer more client-like features, more people have been requesting a more traditional folders approach. The folders-as-accounts approach will likely still exist, but being able to access folders on-demand should have much broader appeal. It would also, for example, be more practical to support drag&drop, which is something I feel is missing from the current capability to move messages.