server returned error

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
hime3

server returned error

Post by hime3 »

Since installing the latest PP Pro update, an error occurs when click send after completing email.
jpg attached.
Outbox automatically opens. Click send again. Frequently, more than half produce the same error.
Any remedy for this annoying behavior?
thanks
hime3 PP error screen-shot.png
Last edited by mjs on Fri May 19, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited account for security reasons to remove part of email address
mjs

Re: server returned error

Post by mjs »

What type of account is this (Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail etc)?

Is the "Send option" in the "Send mail" interface set to "SMTP"?

For example these are the settings you should have for Hotmail:
Send settings.png
Send settings.png (11.14 KiB) Viewed 4720 times
Note: I have edited your post above to redact part of your email address that was previously displayed. Please keep in mind that for security reasons any information that might divulge your identity in any way when posting images should be redacted (removed) prior to posting. [-X
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Besides needing to know what smtp server you're using, what OS are you using?
hime3

Post by hime3 »

Thank you for blocking the account!!
Cox is IP
send is SMTP SSL/TLS
Cox has new server system. Tech specified SSL/TLS
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Hello hime3,

While awaiting further follow-up on your topic by Jeff and lakrsrool, FYI, there is also now a Sticky topic in the Email sub-forum regarding the on-going Cox Communications email platform upgrade which can be viewed at the following link:

COX Email platform upgrade status & issues

The article provides information on the current status of the upgrade, as well as, problems Cox Email users may be encountering (in the POP Peeper program) as their accounts are upgraded to the new platform.
[I've detailed a problem I experienced myself with one of my own Cox email accounts recently].

The Sticky will be updated as more detailed information becomes available. I recommend any PP users with Cox email accounts take a few moments to review the article & check back periodically for any updates.

Best regards,
Global Moderator
hime3

Post by hime3 »

Thank you for details.
Cox server also producing "bounce 550 invalid recipient" which causes all accounts sensitive to that notification to stop sending email. Cox seems to be having significant difficulty correcting the issue.
hime
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with Cox. If you haven't already, you may want to get a new email address with a free email service (like gmail, outlook, yahoo, etc.) and update any critical sites that you need email for, like banking, credit cards, etc.
hime3

Cox server return error sending email

Post by hime3 »

For several weeks I have experienced the attached POPPeeper popup error when sending email via Cox.
In the last few days the error occurs more frequently: 8-10 popups per email send attempt.
Can you tell me how to resolve the issue?
thanks
hime
Attachments
pp error.jpg
spc3rd

Re: Cox server return error sending email

Post by spc3rd »

Greetings again, hime!

I have merged the new topic you posted this morning (shown directly above this reply) with an existing topic posted by you back on May 19th as the issue(s) you are reporting in both topics are identical.

Thus far, I myself have not been experiencing the particular issue(s)/error messages with my own Cox accounts when sending any emails from within PP, so I'm at a loss to explain the reason(s) why you're getting them. The PP error message you are receiving would appear to indicate both a problem on Cox's end (i.e., a server issue), as well as, an issue with your Cox account Login Password.

Other members of The Esumsoft Team should be reviewing your topic later, and may be able to offer further insight into the issue(s) you are reporting than I can at the moment.

Thanks for reporting your continued issue(s) & best regards,
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi hime,

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing similar problems for some time now apparently....

In this topic which includes a former similar topic that Pete has conveniently merged with your current topic involving the same issue you have had in the past (back in May) you replied with the following in response to our requests in this topic for your "Send mail" settings (LINK):
hime wrote:Cox is IP
send is SMTP SSL/TLS
Cox has new server system. Tech specified SSL/TLS
Would you also please provide your entire "Send mail" settings as illustrated in the linked "our requests" above as well as the Operating System you use that Jeff had previously requested? (just in case this information may be helpful :wink:) - thanks

Also in reference to the settings mentioned above here is a link to Cox Email Server Settings that Cox recommends for third-party email clients based on the "Server type" you are using in POP Peeper (check to see if what you are using corresponds to these settings and make sure you have "Server requires authentication" enabled in your POP Peeper "Send mail" settings).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers