Message of the day

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ata

Message of the day

Post by ata »

The message of the day keeps show up even though it is the same as the day before.

the MOTD in the ini file is "MOTD = 052517"

This has been happening for the pass 2 days now on 2 different computers when I bootup.

POP Peeper 4.4.1.0
Webmail 4.4.4.0
SSL 1.0.2.11
IMAP 4.4.0.0
SendMail 4.4.0.0
PPtweaker 4.4.0.0
mjs

Re: Message of the day

Post by mjs »

Please restart PP again and then post here in this topic what the MOTD is in the ini file (as you did before).

This same topic was started by you in mid-March http://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/viewtopi ... 982#p33982 of which Jeff had asked about the above information at that time but there was no reply.

Also Jeff asked the following in that linked topic above:
Jeff wrote:
.... Also: are you running any kind of "cleaner" utility?
Did the issue in the prior topic get resolved?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
ata

Post by ata »

no cleaner unity is being ran

MOTD = "052517"

I restarted PP and it didn't show back up, but after shutting down the computer and the restarted it, thee message showed up again.

Before the problem corrected itself after 4 days.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Please right-click on the poppeeper ini file and then click on properties in the right-click context menu (click on screen-shots to enlarge) :
right-click on poppeeper.ini file and click on Properties.png
To make sure "Read-only" is unchecked for the poppeeper.ini file (as illustrated):
ini file properties Read-only attribute.png
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Kind of along the lines as lakrsrool's last post, another possibility is that PP isn't able to save its settings when Windows is shutting down -- perhaps POP Peeper or another program is having problems at shutdown? However, this doesn't make sense if it worked as expected when you exited/restarted PP, but reverted back when you shutdown -- that tells us that something external is happening. The next time you reboot Windows, *don't* open the MOTD and look to see what the MOTD line in the ini file says.
ata

Post by ata »

Today when I turned on my computer, I did check the ini file and it
MOTD = "052517"

The message of the day button though did not appear.

So I really don't know whats going on unless it has someething to do with PP updates.