Feedback & a Suggestion

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
bartek

Feedback & a Suggestion

Post by bartek »

I just wanted to compliment you on your product, POP Peeper. To say it is full featured would be an under statement. It would be difficult to imagine anyone who couldn’t configure your software to meet their specific needs. Except for myself, and perhaps, others.

In my case. I monitor 5 email accounts, and some emails can be time sensitive. I do not have a high volume of emails, usually not more than 5 emails per account per day. What I find is that your software constantly displays emails that have been marked as “read” in previous sessions, as new emails. This results in my responding to a “new” email signal several times (sometimes more than several) a day.

Because I delete many emails, your software will display emails that could be a week old, as “new”.

Would it be possible to add an option where a user could configure a cutoff date or time, where emails would not be displayed?

In my case, a cutoff time could be 24 hours, because I always deal with all incoming emails before the start of a new business day.

I imagine the repeated display of already “read” emails as new must be frustrating to others besides myself.
Or am I missing something in the existing configuration options?
spc3rd

Re: Feedback & a Suggestion

Post by spc3rd »

Hi bartek and welcome to the Esumsoft Forums!

Thank you for your kind compliment about the POP Peeper program!
As I will be going off-line for a while (I've been up since 3 a.m.), the issues/suggestion you've presented will be reviewed & addressed by other members of the Esumsoft Team.

In the interim...
As you are a new member of the Forums, The Esumsoft Team recommends you review the following:

Information for new users and forum members.

important information is provided regarding the Forums and POP Peeper program which new members need to be aware of. Links are also included to additional resources which explain how to perform a variety of tasks, as well as, the steps to take if you experience problems with the POP Peeper program.

Welcome aboard & best regards! :mrgreen:
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

bartek, I'll try and explain how the "Read" status for POP Peeper works. Actually messages that are "new" only display as "new" (blue envelope) in the "Read column" as long as you leave the POP Peeper interface open. When you "Close" the interface (red "X" in upper right corner or minimize "-" in upper right corner of main interface)
close - minimize.png
close - minimize.png (6.13 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
then the "new" messages will no longer be listed as "new". Here are examples where you will see the new "blue envelope" messages when you open the POP Peeper interface for the first time since "new" messages were retrieved. I have just opened the POP Peeper interface, you will notice new "blue envelope" messages are listed in the "Read status" column:
Read Status column has "new" messages listed
Read Status column has "new" messages listed
Read Status column 1.png (9.09 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
If you close/minimize POP Peeper then those new "blue envelope" messages will no longer be listed as new since you have previously observed that new messages had arrived (because you have opened the interface and as a result become aware of the "new" messages). I closed POP Peeper and then opened POP Peeper again and as you can see the new "blue envelope" messages are no longer listed as "new" but instead "unread" messages (closed yellow envelopes instead of "blue" envelopes so are considered no longer new because you had become aware of the "new" messages the last time you opened POP Peeper) because I have not read them as yet. Notice the "read" messages as well (white opened envelopes in both examples):
Read Status column does not have any "new" messages as they became "unread" (yellow closed envelope) as a result of closing POP Peeper
Read Status column does not have any "new" messages as they became "unread" (yellow closed envelope) as a result of closing POP Peeper
Read Status column 2.png (9.95 KiB) Viewed 1921 times
You also always have the option to manually change the "Status" of any messages by right-clicking on any number of selected messages in the POP Peeper inbox and clicking on a different "status" for the specific messages selected.

I would presume you must be always leaving the POP Peeper interface open. By closing the POP Peeper interface after each time you check for messages then you will get what I have described above. If you prefer to always keep the POP Peeper main window open then you can still always mark selected messages to what ever you want at any time (by doing what I have described above):
Mark messages to whatever you want
Mark messages to whatever you want
Read status mark messages.png (10.24 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

bartek - would you happen to be using the "POP/IMAP message limit" under: main menu: Tools / Options / Message Retrieval? If so, that likely explains the problem and I'll provide further details...