Ages old problem HTML Links opening in Pop Peeper

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
pop_pepper

Ages old problem HTML Links opening in Pop Peeper

Post by pop_pepper »

I did a complete reinstall yesterday of Pop Peeper, basically down to my error of judgement and downloading a virus, a nasty one that took control of my laptop. no bother i keep nothing on my main drives so a simple reinstall of windows.

everything great, although my initial download were out of date, maybe you haven't put the latest version in.

however the point to my post is i have two issues, one can go on the back burner as i have work to do. my main one is clicking HTML links in mail.
mozilla is my default browser. have set it but it stares at me blankly.

any quick help would be excellent in getting round this ages old issue for me, thanks x
spc3rd

Re: Ages old problem HTML Links opening in Pop Peeper

Post by spc3rd »

Hello pop_pepper,

I see you posted about a similar issue in May 2016, at which time Moderator lakrsrool responded with some information that apparently helped you (i.e. Item #3). Please review the information at the link below to see if it helps with your current situation.

http://www.esumsoft.com/Forums/viewtopi ... 585#p32585

Thank you & best regards.
Global Moderator
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

brilliant, i know what it was now. My new laptop installed the 64 bit version of Mozilla. As i reinstalled from my last set with a restore saved from my old machine, it was pointing at the x86 link that doesn't exist on this latop.

my other issue now is all my hotmail account are coming up with an error, SSL connection failed, unable to get local issuer certificate and am wondering if this is the same thing as above, looking in different folders x86.

what can i do?
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

i am having to reuthorised these accounts , trouble is pop peeper is looking for mozilla i think from before, as it cannot go through the auth stages

i keep getting

The webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:
•Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Thanks for posting back with that information, pop_pepper.

To better help us resolve your problem, please provide screenshots of any POP Peeper error messages you are receiving, and also screenshots of the other message(s) you are getting.
If needed, instructions on how to do this are provided in the Sticky topics at the links below:

PP error messages: How to view them & copy/paste into your post

How to take a screenshot and attach/insert it into your post

* As I will be going off-line now, other members of The Esumsoft Team will be along later to further review your topic and provide additional feedback.

Thanks again & best regards,
Global Moderator
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

why do i need to post screen shot of the issue. its not letting me auth2 the accounts and i'm getting the error i posted above

i am uninstalling mozilla 64 bit and going back to the old one, should fix it.

this issue should be covered , obviously when reinstalling an old copy of pop pepper it remembers your old browser settings
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

fixed by simply installing the browser i was using when i made my pop peeper back up. seems like it's a very important factor.