intermittent email

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
hime3

intermittent email

Post by hime3 »

In past, email that arrived to desktop Inbox always also arrived on laptop Inbox.
In other words, Inbox was identical on laptop and desktop PC's.
Now email sometimes, but not always appears on both PC's Inbox.
Inbox is not identical on both PC's as in past.
What might cause this intermittent behavior?
hime
-------------------------------
Update.
Missing emails finally appeared.
Cox is provider.
Perhaps provider's server problems are causing email delay to different PC's....
Odd
Last edited by spc3rd on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
spc3rd

Re: intermittent email

Post by spc3rd »

Hi hime,

Thank you for the information about the problem with your Cox email account(s)!

* I merged your 2nd post with the first, on the off-chance the two issues may be related.

In regard to your issue with Cox's Email Service, they HAVE definitely been having quite a few problems as their email platform upgrade continues. As mentioned in a reply to one of your topics back on May 24th, there is a Sticky topic entitled, COX Email platform upgrade status & issues in the Email sub-forum which describes some of the numerous problems Cox email users are experiencing.

The Sticky is updated (whenever more information becomes available from Cox and/or new problems are reported by users). (The date/time of the most recent update is shown at the top of the article, along with a brief notation as to what was added/updated).

Unfortunately, a number of the problems Cox (and its email users) are experiencing as the email platform is upgraded, often necessitates having to call their Tech Support Staff in order to resolve them. (That's been my own experience with the Cox accounts I have, thus far). :(

You can check back periodically to see if any new updates have been made to the Sticky I referred to.

Best regards,
Global Moderator