Evaluation of messages at reinstallation.

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
JeanP

Evaluation of messages at reinstallation.

Post by JeanP »

Hello,
After the first installation, it was enough for me to click on a message once or twice to mark it as "legit" or "junk" (the legit or junk sign appeared directly to the right of the blue ball).
After uninstalling, full registry cleanup and reinstallation (with function Backup & restore), the only way to evaluate messages is to open it and click one of the big menu buttons. There is no reaction of the program via the menu (Messages - Junk) or right click on a message.
Also, after closing the program or rebooting the PC, my evaluation is nonetheless gone!
An idea of ​​where the problem could come from?
Thank you.
mjs

Re: Evaluation of messages at reinstallation.

Post by mjs »

As a new member of the forum we Esumsoft Team members would like to welcome you to the forum and recommend that you review the following post on the forum announcements page: Information for new users & forum members. This page serves to provide new members with a variety of resources including various steps to take when problems occur using POP Peeper.

As to your specific questions regarding Junk Mail it might be helpful for you to take a look at this POP Peeper Pro page which includes a video on this subject (there are also links on the left-side of the page on various topics as well including FAQ).

You will also find various Forum topics on the subject regarding how Anti-Junk works which can be found by doing a Forum search on the topic. One topic for example that I found doing a search would be the Forum topic How to setup spam for my setup? that may be helpful to you.

If you have any further questions regarding Anti-Junk or any other questions as well please feel free to followup with them in this topic as we are here to help with any questions or concerns you may have regarding POP Peeper.

Again, in behalf of the entire Esumsoft Team, welcome to our Forum JeanP. :D
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
JeanP

Post by JeanP »

Thanks for your prompt answer and your welcome lakrsrool !
I'll take a look at the links as soon as possible and give feedback.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The video may not cover specifically what you're referring to, so:
it was enough for me to click on a message once or twice to mark it as "legit" or "junk"
Specifically, if you click inside the "Junk evaluation" column (the one that has an icon of a flag) on the message list, you are able to toggle the junk/legit evaluation. There's also the "junk" and "legit" buttons available on the main toolbar (similar to the ones you mentioned that worked when you view the message). But are you saying that these other methods don't seem to do anything when you use them (ie. the thumbs up/down icon isn't displayed)? What happens if you try one of these other methods (ie. directly from the message list) and then re-select *All Accounts* from the "View" dropdown above the message list (this effectively refreshes the list) -- is the message item then displayed with the correct junk/legit icon?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I was a little quick to hit the "submit" button on my previous reply...

I meant to also respond to your comment that restarting doesn't save your preferences. The problems may be related.

Can you tell us what you have for the following settings:
From the main menu, select Tools / Options
Select the "Storage" page
What do you have for:
- Ini Location
- Data path
JeanP

Post by JeanP »

Hello Jeff,

Sorry but i did not see your two anwers and yes i was not able to evaluate anymore in all the ways offered by the program.
Meanwhile, the links (although interesting) in the answer of lakrsrool did not solve my problem.
I suddenly had the idea that the fault was already in my initial backup and that by restoring the data she came back perforce.
So I not only reinstalled the program again, but also recreate all accounts and, without making any changes to the default settings, I have done a new backup of the program and data.
Only then, I changed a few parameters ... and everything is back in order.
I have absolutely no idea what caused this blockage all of a sudden.
Thanks anyway for your help.
Best regards.
JeanP

Post by JeanP »

I forget to answer some of your questions:
Initially, ini Location & data path were in appdata - roaming - poppeeper.
At the first reinstallation, I've set them in the folder of the program as test. It's now the case too.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, glad it's working now :)

Let us know if you have any other questions.