Changed Yahoo account in PP to IMAP; PP NOT saving the change

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
captqbec

Changed Yahoo account in PP to IMAP; PP NOT saving the change

Post by captqbec »

hi,

I have 2 probs recently.

All my Yahoo accounts are fine except for one that keeps saying wrong login or password even though I can access easily via web.

Server response: 200

By changing that particular account to IMAP from Yahoo, it goes through well but...Poppeeper won't save the setting when it's shut down or machine is rebooted #-o

Can you help please?

Thx!
Last edited by spc3rd on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Edited topic TITLE to better reflect issue being reported.
spc3rd

Re: Changed Yahoo account in PP to IMAP; PP NOT saving the change

Post by spc3rd »

Hi captqbec,

Sorry to hear of the problem you're having. (I edited your topic title to better describe the problem you are having).

To enable The Esumsoft Team to better assist you, please post back with the complete text of the error message you are getting in PP, by following the instructions at the link below:

PP error messages: How to view them & copy/paste into your post

* Please pay particular attention to the cautionary note regarding personally-identifiable information, contained in the instructions at the link above.

** One question: Is the issue you are having now similar to the one you reported at the link below?

viewtopic.php?p=35110#p35110

Other members of the The Esumsoft Team should be stopping by later to review your topic and provide their respective feedback.

Thank you & best regards.
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

Hi again captqbec,

Besides providing what Pete has requested (which will be very helpful and should be done any time a POP Peeper error is reported in the forum) ---- also please provide your POP Peeper "storage" information as well? (To do this go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Storage" and post (copy/paste) in this topic what the top two values are for "Ini location:" and "Data path:")

What you are describing is suggestive of Windows UAC blocking your changes which can be due to the file path location of your POP Peeper storage files (as a result of perhaps incorrectly using the "C:\Program Files" file path) which instead of "C:\Program Files" should be something like: "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper\poppeeper.ini".... as referenced in the second part of THIS POST by Jeff. If this is the case regarding your POP Peeper file storage paths then we can provide steps to address this.

If you do not have something like these POP Peeper storage file paths as illustrated directly below (which if so can create UAC issues as you've described) then you might want to do what is described in the next paragraph:
ini location: C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\poppeeper.ini
Data path: C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\data

If storage paths are correct and are not as illustrated above then you might want to Check to see if your ini file might be set to "Read-only":
1) Using Windows Explorer go to where your ini file is located (based on the file path you found in your POP Peeper storage value previously referenced)
2) There will be an ini file named "poppeeper" as illustrated in the screen-shot below-- right-click on that file and select "Properties"
Click image to see enlarged image (click on back-button to return to forum)
Click image to see enlarged image (click on back-button to return to forum)
3) On the bottom of the 'General' tab, make sure that "read-only" is not enabled -- that is uncheck this "Read-only" option if it is checked (also, if there's an "unblock" button, press it)
ini properties - Read-only unchecked.png
4) Oh and be sure to click the "OK" button to save any change. :wink:

If you ended up needing to make the "Read only" change above then test POP Peeper again to see if this fixed the problem.

Oh and thanks in advance for the additional requested information. Image
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
captqbec

Post by captqbec »

hi,

Thx for support.

As requested:

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 4.5.0.0
Webmail: 4.5.2.0
SSL: 1.0.2.11
IMAP: 4.5.0.0
SendMail: 4.5.0.0

--- Error ---
cXXXXXXc Yahoo [3: Yahoo] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [WebSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [Consec: 1]
- Login Error: Check your Login Name and Password.

...and thx lakrsrool, that solved my problem of PP not saving :)
Last edited by mjs on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove potentially sensitive information regarding user email address
mjs

Post by mjs »

Your very welcome captqbec - glad to hear that your problem has been resolved... just curious what exactly was it that you needed to do to fix the problem?

By the way, I have removed sensitive information from your previous post.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Some Yahoo accounts simply won't work with WebMail and you'll need to use IMAP (imap is recommended in general, anyway). I have such an account myself and what happens is that Yahoo is requiring me to confirm a code via SMS. But, even if I use my webbrowser and validate the sms code, Yahoo will ask me again every time I login. 2-step verification is not enabled on this account, but they "noticed some unusual account activity" for whatever reason. It happens every time I try to login, even if I just sms-verified 2 seconds ago.

Since your ini file is saving now, I would simply recommend using IMAP. But if you want to investigate why webmail isn't working, email me (support at esumsoft dot com) and I'll provide instructions for how you can get a log so that we can see what's happening.
captqbec

Post by captqbec »

Moved ini and that solved the save prob...and yes, will use imap....thx so much :)