Login Error on Yahoo!

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Apesbrain

Login Error on Yahoo!

Post by Apesbrain »

Getting a "Check your Login Name and Password" error on Yahoo! Went to the site and they did have a splash screen/login which I've accepted. Still getting the error. Thanks.

POP Peeper: 4.5.0.0
Webmail: 4.5.2.0
SSL: 1.0.2.14
IMAP: 4.5.0.0
SendMail: 4.5.0.0

--- Error ---
Yahoo [3: Yahoo] ['' (0) SSL: 0] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1] [Consec: 1]
- Login Error: Check your Login Name and Password.
mjs

Re: Login Error on Yahoo!

Post by mjs »

Did you go back to the Yahoo log-in page on the web to check again for any more required Yahoo message prompts? (Yahoo is actively rolling out updates involving policies lately).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Apesbrain

Post by Apesbrain »

Ok, just successfully used PP on another machine and I can see now that my Yahoo! account configuration on this PC is entirely different (e.g. IMAP). I'll copy over to the original PC and come back if the error persists. Sorry.
mjs

Post by mjs »

The IMAP protocol will likely work -- you were using the "Yahoo" WebMail protocol for the account with the problem. I just switched a Yahoo account to WebMail and it worked as expected -- so you should not necessarily have an issue with the Yahoo WebMail protocol -- but that said, the IMAP protocol is the recommended method to connect since this protocol will typically have less issues over time.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers