Suggestion - Fields in preview window

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ppuser

Suggestion - Fields in preview window

Post by ppuser »

Certain fields in the email preview window (like TO and CC) can contain many recipients, so the text may be very long. It would be nice if there was a way in which you could see the whole text.

An idea could be a "view header info" button, which would open a new window in which you could see all header fields (Subject, Date, From, To, CC, BCC) as text. Another idea could be to have a "collapse / expand header" button, with which the header area would expand within the current preview window, so you can see all text in those fields (much like the "xxx more" that appears in a long line of recipients in Thunderbird).

Personally i like the 2nd idea more but even the 1st would be better than what i'm doing now (select all text in the "To" field, copy and paste it in notepad to see all the recipients).
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Suggestion - Fields in preview window

Post by Jeff »

Here's a couple of suggestions:
1) You can scroll through the list using cursor keys (you already mentioned the copy/paste one, which I also would have mentioned; but I realize that these are not very practical)
2) You can view the message source and find the headers in there. Menu: View / Message source (or Ctrl+U)

May I ask *why* you need to view the full list? Often, if I understand the reasoning behind a request, it makes the request more likely if I think that more people would benefit from it.

I have put the suggestion in my notes, but if anybody else finds this feature useful, let us know.
ppuser

Re: Suggestion - Fields in preview window

Post by ppuser »

Jeff wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:05 pmMay I ask *why* you need to view the full list?
Someone has sent an email to me and several others. I would like to know who else is in the recipients list. I don't like having the window maximized and usually there are around 20-25 emails in the To or CC lists anyway, so even maximized, i still wouldn't see more than 10, so... :)