PopPeeper Pro Not Saving Settings After Reboot

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rtorella

PopPeeper Pro Not Saving Settings After Reboot

Post by rtorella »

PopPeeper Pro v4.51 with Windows 764bit. Attached jpg of setting screenshot. Set to poll every 20 minutes for all accounts. After system restart, settings changed back to poll every 10min & use account timers. Options, Mail Check (2nd tab)

Thanks
Attachments
Capture.JPG
mjs

Re: PopPeeper Pro Not Saving Settings After Reboot

Post by mjs »

From the main PP interface; please go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Storage" and post in this topic the full path that you see in the "Ini location:" and the "Data path:" settings.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
rtorella

Post by rtorella »

Thanks for the suggestion. Attached screenshot of settings already there when I opened storage tab. Attached screenshot
Attachments
Capture Storage.JPG
mjs

Post by mjs »

I see you do not have PP installed using the conventional path i.e.: "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper".

Based on your "Data path:" value ("data") -- I'm presuming you are running PP on a portable drive -- Is that correct?

If you are not using PP on a portable drive please continue on....

What Operating System are you on (Win7, Win10 etc)?

And have you recently upgraded from a previous Operating System?

A path that starts out with "C:\Program Files..." can have problems in regards to Windows not allowing POP Peeper to save any settings or data in the event that POP Peeper is exited or Windows is closed.

So I'm wondering if you have made recent changes in any way.

With the path you have set to that starts out with "C:\Program files..." -- due to Windows UAC this can result in Windows not allowing POP Peeper to save any settings or data in the event that POP Peeper is exited or Windows is closed.

In these cases, what is recommended is to do the following:
1) Be sure and EXIT POP Peeper
2) Move (not just copy) C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\poppeeper.ini to %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper\
3) Restart POP Peeper
4) In "Tools" > "Options" > "Storage", clear/empty the "data path" value (this will reset this setting to the correct value).
5) Press OK to save. -- then check to see if your settings are retained after exiting PP.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
rtorella

Post by rtorella »

Actually running on Windows 7 PC. Interesting that the accounts and some folders are in 2 places. A couple versions ago installed into Program Files (86) folder. 1 version later, would not work and we had to point something to the GBEAR/AppData\Roaming\Pop Peeper path. It then created the folders you see. You will see an extra account (quiteboggus) in the AppData, etc folder of PopPeeper. That is an account that I had on the list a couple versions ago. Quitebogus does not show on the Pop Peeper Account List on main program screen.
Attachments
Capture Accounts.JPG
Capture Main EXE Location.JPG
Capture App Data.JPG
rtorella

Post by rtorella »

Moved the ini file to the suggested folder as suggested, that did the trick. Thanks much
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Windows 7 (Vista+) does not allow programs to write in the "Program Files" folder (due to UAC -- User Account Control -- which is a security feature). If you restored from a backup that still had that file in the "Program Files" folder, then that's probably why you're having issues now. Ideally, once we get things working, you should delete the old backup file and create a new one (backing up to the same file name *might* be part of the problem, so when you create a new backup, make sure that you use a different filename OR delete the old one first).

Glad you got the problem fixed.
rtorella

Post by rtorella »

Thanks for all the assistance