Widget for windows 10 desktop

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
virtual_francky

Widget for windows 10 desktop

Post by virtual_francky »

Hi, first happy new year to everyone. I am totally new to Pop Peeper Pro, and I would like to know if it's possible to have some kind of icon or widget that can be permanently displayed on the desktop to see new unread email for multi mail account.

Thank you.
mjs

Re: Widget for windows 10 desktop

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum virtual_francky,

There is a default "Desk Top Alert" (DTA) that will continue to display newly retrieved messages until you open POP Peeper (to access the In-box) at which time the DTA will then continue to display additional newly retrieved message from that point on until you once again utilize POP Peeper and so on. So this new message notification (DTA) will continually display new messages (as they arrive) until you take an action to use POP Peeper. The DTA setting, if I'm not mistaken, is the default message notification for POP Peeper so I'd assume you have already observed this message notification of which the option can be found from the POP Peeper main menu under: "Tools" > "Options", then select the "Notifications" window where in the "Visual" area (bottom half) of the window you will see a "When I receive new mail" drop-down option in which the "Display Desktop Alert" (DTA) is one of the options that can be selected. Beyond this I'll leave it to other members to followup on.

There are numerous way to get new message notifications so I'm sure other members of the Esumsoft Team will likely be providing additional information for you as well at some point.

In the interim, as a new member of the forum, we would like to invite you to please review the following Sticky: Information for new users and forum members. This article contains important information which all new members should become familiar with. As always, if you have any questions or comments at any time, please feel free to let us know.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
virtual_francky

Hi lakrsrool, and thank you for you message. Unfortunately, the 2 DTA visual option available can't work for me, since I don't have a LED for the available option (Ver Num and Arret Defil) on my keyboard.
I was looking more for a widget or maybe an undockable popup alert that can always stay visible from the desktop or even an icon notification like on Android phones.
Let me add that my task bar is always hidden, so notification from it are not always visible for me, but the kind of notification you see in the task bar is what I am looking for, but directly on the desktop.
mjs

Post by mjs »

virtual_francky wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:31 am Hi lakrsrool, and thank you for you message. Unfortunately, the 2 DTA visual option available can't work for me, since I don't have a LED for the available option (Ver Num and Arret Defil) on my keyboard.
I was looking more for a widget or maybe an undockable popup alert that can always stay visible from the desktop or even an icon notification like on Android phones.
Let me add that my task bar is always hidden, so notification from it are not always visible for me, but the kind of notification you see in the task bar is what I am looking for, but directly on the desktop.
I'm not sure what you mean by "2 DTA"...

But the DTA has nothing to do with any need for LED.

Here is an example of the Desktop Alert (DTA):
This Desktop Alert notification can be positioned anywhere on the desktop you prefer and will remain visible and continue to add new messages as they are retrieved by POP Peeper until you open POP Peeper to read the messages.
This Desktop Alert notification can be positioned anywhere on the desktop you prefer and will remain visible and continue to add new messages as they are retrieved by POP Peeper until you open POP Peeper to read the messages.
This DTA message alert can be positioned anywhere you like and will continue to display the incoming messages as they get retrieved until you take the initiative to read the messages or dismiss the Alert at which time the DTA will then continue to display any new message retrieved from that time on until you initiate the same action once again.

So the DTA will always stay visible until you no longer need or want the information and can be placed on the desktop where ever you desire it to be located. The DTA option is located under "Tools" > "Options" > "Notifications" within the "Visual" area of that window where you see "When I receive new mail" (an option available in that drop-down).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
virtual_francky

Ok, I am not in front of my computer now, but the only option that I saw from the drop down menu was
No action
Blinking LED with 2 keys available

Is it possible that option could be different according to language you choose for the software?

I ll give it another look this evening.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Are you clicking on the Drop-down menu (screen-shot below using Tools/Options):
Note: your "Notifications" page will look slightly different in some places (future changed are included in my "Notifications" page)-- but you certainly should have a drop-down option list the same as in this screen-shot
Note: your "Notifications" page will look slightly different in some places (future changed are included in my "Notifications" page)-- but you certainly should have a drop-down option list the same as in this screen-shot
virtual_francky

Ok I did found this menu yesterday, but I dont have any window I can move around after I click on OK with the Display Desktop Alert option activated.
I can do a test within the Notification skin plugin, but it's always a notification that pop up from the task bar, and not a permanent window to move around. Is there anything else I have to set up ?

Thank you a lot for your help.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The Desktop alert will only appear when you receive new email, then you'll be able to move it around. The desktop and skin notifier are very similar, but the skin notifier generally provides more features.

If you want to move the skin notifier to a different location:
- Access the skin notifier settings under the main menu: Tools / Skin notifier / "Select skin / settings"
- On the bottom-right of this window, make sure "override slider" is enabled and then you can either change the corner of the window where the skin notifier will appear OR you can change the "mode" = "disable slider" and then you can move the window where you want

FYI: your desktop alert may not look exactly like lakrsool's screenshot as that's from POP Peeper v5.