Imap Plugin Update?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
davidsco27

Imap Plugin Update?

Post by davidsco27 »

I'm notified there's a new version of the Imap Plugin, 4.5.2, yet I don't see it anywhere. Where can I get it? I'm currently on 4.3.0.0
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Imap Plugin Update?

Post by Jeff »

The current version of POP Peeper is v4.5.3, which has IMAP v4.5.2. It's not recommended that you mix plugins because they may not be compatible with other versions and, as such, certain plugins aren't released on an individual basis.

You can download POP Peeper v4.5.3 here:
https://www.esumsoft.com/download/
davidsco27

Post by davidsco27 »

I have the latest version of the program, but it's telling me the imap plug in is out of date
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

In that case (I may have misread your original post), I suspect that the IMAP plugin was unselected when you installed POP Peeper.

If you used the installer, just re-run the installer and make sure that "IMAP" is ticked on the "Components" page.

If you're comfortable with using zip files, you can download the zip archive on the aforementioned download page and pluck the imap.dll file out of there and copy it into your install folder (usually, C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\) and make sure POP Peeper isn't running. Although... some people run into permissions issues with this so the previous method is probably recommended anyway.

Wow, reading the description for the IMAP plugin tells me I haven't updated that since the days before Yahoo and Hotmail (or maybe it was LiveMail by that time) added IMAP support...
PP_Install_Imap.png
davidsco27

Post by davidsco27 »

Thanks