View in email client functionality

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
MrPhil

View in email client functionality

Post by MrPhil »

Hello,

Prior to V.5, I could open and then view a particular email in my email client, without the necessity of opening the email client itself. That functionality was found when I went to file|open message in client (or words to that effect).

I don't see that functionality in V.5; has that been done away with?

Regards,
Phil
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: View in email client functionality

Post by Jeff »

The option is exactly where you expected it:
File / Open message in client
:?
It's the "File" menu when you're viewing the message, not the main menu -- maybe that's where you're looking?
mjs

Post by mjs »

Jeff - I didn't mention the above because MrPhil had included this in his question - quote: "... without the necessity of opening the email client itself." (the "Open message in client" option uses the Client exclusively, as far as I can tell and there is no other option I'm aware of and I had assumed this option mentioned was tried by MrPhil.).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Phil -- Are you saying that the same function now behaves differently?
mjs

Post by mjs »

As I vaguely recall (can't remember what the actual function was called) there was a function (button) that was at some point discontinued (because as I recall it became marginally functional) that at the time allowed for opening a "Webmail" Client within the PP View Message Interface (or something to that effect)... could this be what is meant by "... view a particular email in my email client, without the necessity of opening the email client itself"?

Addendum: Epiphany on what it was I was thinking of - which is the "View message online" option (which as I mentioned above is only available if the account uses Webmail). Not likely the question at hand obviously :-k ....
Last edited by mjs on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to add addendum comments
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
MrPhil

Post by MrPhil »

Jeff wrote "It's the "File" menu when you're viewing the message, not the main menu -- maybe that's where you're looking?"

That's exactly the mistake I made. The functionality is there when I view an individual message. Thanks for your prompt reply. Feel free to lock this thread.
mjs

Post by mjs »

^ Then what I presume you meant by quote: "... without the necessity of opening the email client itself." is that it's not required to open the Email Client yourself but rather PP opens it for you.... :-k (I had taken what you said to perhaps mean that the Email Client had not previously opened independently of PP, which it does in this case, but rather internally within PP in some manner. My bad.)

Thanks for letting us know. Image