Jeff I am a lifetime member update Issue ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sportman13

Re: Jeff I am a lifetime member update Issue ?

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool I keep getting this in the screenshot it pops up every time I restart my computer or open pop peeper how do I get rid of it ?
Attachments
ppppppppppppppact.PNG
ppppppppppppppact.PNG (7.39 KiB) Viewed 5251 times
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman13 - you are currently on a 30 day trial period of the PRO Edition of POP Peeper - which is why you're getting this on a PP startup (only). You might recall that Jeff linked to some information about this 30-day trial on the first page of this topic HERE (in the 2nd paragraph of his post). And as you might also already know, there is currently a 20% discount sale at this time for the PRO Edition. Keep in mind, after the 30 day PRO trial ends POP Peeper will at that time revert to the Free (non-Pro) Edition (notice sportman13 that, as illustrated in the screen-shot you posted, you currently have 28 days remaining on your PRO trial).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool take a look at this screenshot I have version 5.0 I Think I paid for everything a long time a go downloaded it with my License key: should be no trail ?
Attachments
pp version.PNG
pp version.PNG (4.97 KiB) Viewed 5244 times
mjs

Post by mjs »

The screen-shot you posted is of your "About POP Peeper..." window that will continue to remain this way ONLY during your 30-day PRO trial period (that now has 28 days remaining) - as illustrated in the former screen-shot you posted above of the "POP Peeper Activation" window. As Jeff mentioned to you previously in this topic, there has never been a "life-time" PRO Edition of POP Peeper (some time ago this did apply in some cases to the Plus Pack however, as in your case apparently). Your PRO trial will end in 28 days at which time your current limited time trial period of the POP Peeper PRO Edition will become the free non-PRO Edition (which will then be reflected as such in your "About POP Peeper..." window as opposed to what you see now). Again, keep in mind that you do have the opportunity at this time to purchase the PRO edition at a 20% discount if you so wish. :)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool PRO edition difference to the one I have is ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman13 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:03 am lakrsrool PRO edition difference to the one I have is ?
You currently at this time have the 30 Trial version of PRO (which will end in now in 28 days). There is no difference between what you have now and the PRO Edition you have the option to purchase at any time if you wish. To clarify, the current 30-day trial you now have (temporarily) is the same as the purchased PRO Edition if you decided to purchase the PRO Edition at some point.

This provides you the opportunity to temporarily try out the PRO Edition for a limited time (at no cost) in order to see if you might want to purchase it (which is entirely up to you sportman13).
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool I did pay a long time a go for pop peeper which was ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman13 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:31 am lakrsrool I did pay a long time a go for pop peeper which was ?
I was the POP Peeper Plus Pack that you paid for a long time ago as Jeff mentioned previously in this topic.
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool if I do not pay for the PRO edition the difference to the one I have would be ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman13 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:49 am lakrsrool if I do not pay for the PRO edition the difference to the one I have would be ?
That's a good question sportman13.

If you do not pay for the PRO edition then after 28 days from today your current temporary Trial PRO version that you can try out for a while would change to the Free Non-Pro version of POP Peeper.

Click HERE for a comparison chart of the differences between the Free version and the PRO version of POP Peeper. This chart provides you with green check marks that illustrate what you would have comparing the two versions (Free versus PRO) of POP Peeper (the red "X" marks representing what you would NOT have).

As of the next 28 days you are able to temporarily try out the PRO version that includes all of the green check marks you see in this comparison chart linked above.

Does this help you out :?: (to determine the differences between the Free compared to the PRO editions of POP Peeper)
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool I looked at the comparison chart of the differences between the Free version and the PRO version of POP Peeper. My question will anything in the version I have be taken away from if I do not get the PRO version ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman13 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:34 am ... My question will anything in the version I have be taken away from if I do not get the PRO version ?
The functions you see in the circled area will not be available to you (you will lose) when the Trial PRO version you now have expires (in 28 days) unless you pay for the PRO version. The circled functions pointed out are as you can see not included in the Free Edition of POP Peeper. (it is the green check marks that are included in each of the two POP Peeper Editions listed in the chart)
Comparison chart.png
sportman13 - you will have to decide if you really want or need what you see in the circled area of the chart to know if you want to pay for the PRO edition. If what you see that is marked with the green check marks is all you want or need that is listed as included (available) in the Free POP Peeper Edition then you probably won't need to pay for the PRO Edition. If on the other hand there are some features you would like to have in the circled area pointed out in the screen-shot then you would want to pay for the PRO Edition that has these features that are marked with the green check marks in the PRO list of features.

You have to make your own decision as to what it is you want in POP Peeper.... only you can make this decision.
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool My question will anything in the version I have been using for years Plus Pack be taken away from if I do not get the PRO version ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman13 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:24 am lakrsrool My question will anything in the version I have been using for years Plus Pack be taken away from if I do not get the PRO version ?
Nothing in the POP Peeper versions you have been using for years before PPv5 will be taken away including the PP Plus Pack which will not be taken away either if you do not get the PRO version.

In other words, if you do not purchase the current (PPv5) PRO version; then everything will remain the same (including both PP and the Plus Pack) just as you have had before that you have been using over the past years.

I can understand your concerns -- it is always important to know precisely what will change when you make decisions like this. Rest assured by just keeping what you have had before without purchasing PRO then nothing will change from what you have had before -- that is everything will remain the same in that case. :wink: (the only reason you might want to pay for the PRO edition is if you want more than what you had before -- does that help?)

Addendum: I would add one caveat to what I've posted above (at the risk of causing confusion :lol:) and that is everything stated above is absolutely true as long as you do not use the "Webmail" protocol for any of your email accounts. That is, as long as you only use either the IMAP or POP3 protocols (re: the "Server type" setting) then what I've posted above holds true. However if you happen to need "Webmail" for any of your email accounts then there would be a $20 annual "Webmail" subscription fee that is required for "Webmail" support. From what I know of your email accounts sportman13, this would not apply to you since I understand that all of your accounts are Gmail which isn't covered by "Webmail" support and you use IMAP anyway (but for the sake of clarity I thought it best to mention this in order to maintain total transparency).
Last edited by mjs on Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

lakrsrool I use IMAP Gmail which means ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman13 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:55 am lakrsrool I use IMAP Gmail which means ?
Which means you are doing what you should be doing -- so you are all set. =D>
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Sportman -- it looks like you did have a Pro license in v4. To continue using the Pro features in v5, there is an upgrade fee -- when you try to activate Pro in v5, you will get a prompt that provides a URL with more information, including your available options. To summarize your available options:
- You may pay the upgrade fee (please use the link provided when you try to activate) and then activate your Pro v5 license
- You may not pay the upgrade fee, in which case you will lose the Pro features, but your Plus Pack will still work
- You may go back to v4, where you'll have both Pro and the Plus Pack
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

Jeff Pro v5 license difference from v4.I will not a real difference ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you continue to use v5 and do not pay the upgrade fee, you will lose all the features of Pro, as mentioned by lakrsrool. You will lose these features when your v5 trial expires (ie. 30 days from the day you installed v5). So, yes, there will be a difference if you do not take action.
sportman13

Post by sportman13 »

Jeff I really use IMAP Gmail and alerts which means ?