Yahoo Mail - Move to Spam

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Mayhem

Yahoo Mail - Move to Spam

Post by Mayhem »

I'm not able to move Yahoo mail to their spam folder, as Pop Peeper does not detect it.

Is there any way to get that added in?

It works fine in Gmail, as I see a folder option : [Gmail]/Spam

Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Yahoo Mail - Move to Spam

Post by Jeff »

Yahoo names the folder "Bulk Mail".
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Oh, it shows as "Spam" for me. Maybe that was a changed when they switched to the new web interface?

For some reason the words "Bulk Mail" didn't even stand out for me. I was so focused on looking for Junk/Spam.

I'll just use that then. Thanks!
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

I'm not sure if there is an issue or not, but after sending email to "Bulk Mail", it does not show up in the Yahoo "Spam" folder (web interface).

I've checked all folders and the email is just gone. I do see other spam emails in the spam folder though.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The real name of the folder has been "bulk mail" for as long as I can remember, but their webmail interface shows "spam" instead. I remember in particular this caused a problem when I was adding support for folders via Yahoo WebMail, because all the other folders were accessible by their name and it took me a while to realize that "spam" was actually named "bulk mail".

I just tested moving a message from my inbox to the "bulk mail" folder, using PP. Then I checked the "spam" folder via web interface and the message is there. I'm assuming that Yahoo auto-deletes messages in that folder, so maybe it got processed quickly. I thought maybe it was date-related, but I just tried moving a very old message (from 2018) into it, and it is also listed.

Try testing it again and when you move the message, be sure to watch PP's status bar to see if it's working. Be sure that PP isn't doing anything else so that it's easier to see.
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

That's really odd, I tried twice yesterday and the email just vanished. However, it's working just fine this morning.

It's possible that Yahoo did process the emails very quickly yesterday. Consider this issue resolved.

Thank you for your time!