not work correctly when the "preview option" is selected

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jondoor

not work correctly when the "preview option" is selected

Post by jondoor »

Hi! The function of "message retrieval" in imap mode does not work correctly when the "preview option" is selected; when opening a message, it is loaded in its entirety. If you select the retrieval options "headers", then it works. When I used the old version in pop3 mode, everything worked great. Is this a feature of the imap mode or a program bug? We are waiting for version 5.4.1 with Oauth2 mode for pop3!
Sorry for my english.(
Thanks!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: not work correctly when the "preview option" is selected

Post by Jeff »

Welcome to the Esumsoft forums, jondoor.

Preview works differently for POP3 versus IMAP. For POP3, you can only specify the number of lines, but IMAP has more flexibility. When you use preview for IMAP, it will download the full text portions of the email (plain and html, as applicable), but not the attachments.

v5.4.1 was just made available --
announcement
download
jondoor

Post by jondoor »

Thanks Jeff for the quick response. As you said about imap, that's how it works. I'm used to the pop3 mode very long, now I'll try the new version!)
Along the way, tell me, so as not to create another topic, how to use the proxy mode? Which one should be suitable, http, socks or some other? And what port to specify? I tried various public ones and with none I could reach the rambler.ru mail server. I'm from Ukraine and we have limited access to many russian servers. In Chrome, using the vpn addon, I can go to the web version of the rambler, but it doesn’t work through the POPPeeper. Sorry for being offtopic.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The proxy you can specify in POP Peeper only affects the http/s protocol, and does not affect the IMAP or POP3 protocols. If the standard email ports are blocked to the server, then I'm afraid you may be out of luck using an email client, but this may be up to the VPN, too.

I don't want to mislead you or lead you down the wrong path -- it's been a very long time since I've even thought about this or looked into it, and I probably wouldn't have even thought of it if you hadn't mentioned it -- but it does seem like the socks proxy might be your best bet. POP Peeper doesn't support it natively, but it seems like there was an external socks utility you could use. But I would only even consider this a possibility if your VPN supports that.
jondoor

Post by jondoor »

Ok, Jeff. Thanks
If I find something interesting and simple proxy solution, I will answer.