Opening links in external browser

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
p45cal

Opening links in external browser

Post by p45cal »

Just upgraded to 5.4.1
Now when clicking a link after View HTML, the link has started opening in PopPeeper's internal browser (well, in the same window the message was in) instead my default external browser even though I ensured that PpTweaker's Force POP Peeper to open links in your external browser instead of internal browser was ticked (even explicitly pointing to the browser exe in the field below that).

When a message is viewed in plain text it does open in my external browser though!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Opening links in external browser

Post by Jeff »

There may be specific types of HTML formatting that prevent POP Peeper from opening in your browser. Try testing with a different email from a different sender and let us know the result. The same sender may be using the same formatting -- and I assume that the email you discovered this on is a newsletter or a similar type of generated email?
p45cal

Post by p45cal »

It's true it doesn't do it with all messages viewed in HTML. It used to work 'properly' with the emails from these people (I have an old one which now definitely behaves differently with the new version of PopPeeper v the last version).
Would it be worth forwarding the email to yourself? If so could I have an email address? It's from the forum at https://chandoo.org/forum/ .
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Sure, I'll take a look at it. Send the message to (support at esumsoft dot com) -- but do NOT simply forward the message. Use "Forward as attachment" (please change the subject of the email or else it will likely be deleted as spam) OR use File / Save message as and include the file as an attachment.
p45cal

Post by p45cal »

Have sent an email…
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, I found the problem and it will be fixed in the next release. To confirm: it does look like this bug was introduced into PPv5.3.
p45cal

Post by p45cal »

Jeff wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:08 pmand it will be fixed in the next release
I'm guessing the update I was alerted to and carried out this morning doesn't count as the next release because, just fyi, some links still open in POP Peeper's own window.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

That was probably the SSL update and, no, that wouldn't affect this issue. Sorry, but there are still some open bug reports being investigated.
p45cal

Post by p45cal »

Jeff wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:08 pm Ok, I found the problem and it will be fixed in the next release. To confirm: it does look like this bug was introduced into PPv5.3.
Fixed in v 5.4.5
Thank you!