Changing default email acct.

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
bbqbrisket

Changing default email acct.

Post by bbqbrisket »

I'm sure this has been asked too too many times but I'm not getting it.
I've seen the post that says go to "Compose" and I will have the option to change it once I select the acct. But, I don't see that option anywhere.

Also, the reason I'm changing is because I have been unable to have any success with redoing Oauth on my usual account even though
I have no problem logging in to Outlook and I have no problem on my device app.
Thanks
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Changing default email acct.

Post by Jeff »

If you've set the "don't ask me again", then you need to reset confirmation prompts under Tools / Options / General.

As for your Outlook account -- Outlook doesn't require Oauth2, so you can try switching to password authentication.
bbqbrisket

Post by bbqbrisket »

Hi
You can disregard the part of the msg regarding changing default email acct. I saw a hidden post regarding "Resetting Confirmation Promps".
Still the Oauth is still a mystery.
Thanks
bbqbrisket

Oauth2 issues

Post by bbqbrisket »

One of my Hotmail accounts continues to run into the problem of not being able to use Oauth2 to "authenticate".
I have finally figured out that even doing all the steps, if I wait 2 to 3 days, it will allow me to have "success".
Interesting that it only happens consistantly to one (default) account so I am changing to a different account as the default.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Perhaps you missed my previous reply? Try using password authentication instead of Oauth2.