Tablet?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
crabboy

Tablet?

Post by crabboy »

I have inherited a Fire tablet. Is there a version of PP for it?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Tablet?

Post by Jeff »

Sorry, no there is no mobile version of POP Peeper.

Side-note: FireOS is based on Android but they have their own "play store" and apps have to be separately submitted to the Amazon app store. Or at least that's the way it was back when I had a Fire tablet some 7 years ago. If this is still the way it is, my advice is to side-load the Google Play Store*.

* - I assume no responsibility for any problems that may occur :) (as I recall, the process is relatively easy to follow, just make sure you get the apk's from a reputable source)
crabboy

Post by crabboy »

I successfully installed the play store. I would like to find a Pop Peeper-like app to check my email while traveling. I guess that worse comes to worst I could install a regular email program and use imap to leave the mail on the server. I have been spoiled by PP on my laptops.
largo

Post by largo »

crabboy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:06 pm I successfully installed the play store. I would like to find a Pop Peeper-like app to check my email while traveling. I guess that worse comes to worst I could install a regular email program and use imap to leave the mail on the server. I have been spoiled by PP on my laptops.
Hello,

There's K-9 Mail on the Play Store that does the job.
Too bad no PopPeeper for Android.

@+