Portable 5.4.1 to 5.4.5 Upgrade Problem

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sunclad@sunclad.com

Portable 5.4.1 to 5.4.5 Upgrade Problem

Post by sunclad@sunclad.com »

I currently have ver 5.4.1. function on a thumb drive and use it when i have to travel which is rare these days.

In the past all I needed to do is copy the data folder from the old version to the new version *BEFORE* launching the program for the first time and all settings and accounts were properly transferred.

However going to version 5.4.5 is not respecting this. Has the process for carrying accounts and settings to a new copy of the free version changed?

I tried various combinations to no avail and assured that I closed the program properly before I tried to launch anything since the portable version will display and hold active in the task manager.

Windows 10, Ver 22H2 with all updates as of 18-Feb-2023.

What am I doing wrong?

DMK
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Portable 5.4.1 to 5.4.5 Upgrade Problem

Post by Jeff »

It shouldn't have changed. I use a portable installation myself; although, I just upgrade by overwriting the current version.

Have you checked that you're using the correct data path in the new version? If you go to main menu: Tools / Options / Storage and double-click on the text "data path" it will open File Explorer to that folder so you can tell exactly where it's looking for the files (especially useful if you're using a relative data path, which I presume you are).