Another weird problem

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sgeneris

Another weird problem

Post by sgeneris »

I was trying to do something on some forum without any PP involvement when the attached window popped up.
So I could not do what I wanted to do with PP running.
weird.png
weird.png (11.15 KiB) Viewed 689 times
Incidentally, I tried to insert the image in the msg, but the instruction did not work: when I positioned the cursor and left-clicked the mouse once, nothing happened.
sgeneris

Re: Another weird problem

Post by sgeneris »

Oops, I thought the image is inserted BEFORE sending, not after.

BTW, there is no way to edit messages sent?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Was the webbrowser you're using Edge?

Someone else reported this a few days ago and I assumed it was a user-specific issue; now I'm guessing it's a Microsoft bug.

The solution that worked for the other person is to disable PP's keyboard shortcuts for 'J' and 'L':
main menu: Tools / PPtweaker / Shortcuts
For Window = Main
- select "AntiJunk: Mark as Junk" and press the "assign" button (sets it to none)
- select "AntiJunk: Mark as Legit" and press the "assign" button (sets it to none)
Set Window = Message
- do the same

If you can think of any pattern to this -- let me know.
For example: had you recently opened a browser window from POP Peeper when you noticed this?
Also, were the letters you were typing in the webbrowser working (or were the letters L/J being skipped as you typed, or possibly all letters after pressing L/J wouldn't show)?

Edit: Also, what version of Windows do you have?
sgeneris

Post by sgeneris »

No, I use Firefox, so not MS.

I suspected it was the kbd.

It happens so rarely for me fooling with that is a hassle. Easier to stop PP and restart it. I brought it to your attention to make you aware of it, in case you can build it into PP.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I need more information because I've never seen it personally and I need to duplicate it in order to fix it. So, when it happens, try to make a note of what you had last done with POP Peeper (e.g. did it open a browser window and is that browser window still open; how did you dismiss POP Peeper, etc.). I also would like to know if the letters you're typing (which seem to activate PP) are also being reflected in your browser, e.g. if you type the letter 'L' (which is a letter that would activate PP in this case), does the letter 'L' appear in your webbrowser as well. The reason I ask is because Windows is designed such that only one window can have keyboard focus, so it would be suspicious/relevant if your browser also reflected what you're typing when PP also thought you were typing in it.