Forward or Reply as HTML

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
wowtip

Forward or Reply as HTML

Post by wowtip »

Howdy,

Much as I prefer plain text email, it is sometimes useful to be able to reply or forward to an email with preserved HTML formatting.

Is it somehow possible to do? Even when viewed as HTML, reply/forward always seems to be a (admittedly a very good) translation to plain text?

Best regards,
w
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Forward or Reply as HTML

Post by Jeff »

I think I replied to a similar question recently and my response was basically:
I need to update the HTML rendering engine (for *displaying* html) because what PP currently uses is nearing end-of-life. I'm hoping that the next engine will have some form of support for composing in HTML. This will likely target PP v7.

If you want to forward and preserve the original HTML, then you can use "forward as attachment".
wowtip

Post by wowtip »

Hi Jeff, thanks for replying.

Ok good to know.

One of few relevant real use cases I see is when replying to emails where screenshots/images are part of the discussion, where it is useful to have the comments together with said images.

Best regards,
w
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Well, PP could still include the images as attachments. The context of the comments may not be as well paired, but I have to admit, I frequently find myself opening previous messages in a conversation to refer to images. Otoh, I also find myself wondering why old images are still in a conversation when they're no longer being referred to :-| But I've added that to my notes as something to at least consider.