Cannot send messages again out of Hotmail acct.

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
bbqbrisket

Cannot send messages again out of Hotmail acct.

Post by bbqbrisket »

Hi,
this has happened before and somehow miracously fixed without me doing anything.
I have 5 Hotmail accts and 1 Gmail. On one of the hotmail accts, the same one all the time, I can no longer replay or send messages out of.
I have gone back to password instead Oauth2 and that does not work. I go back to Oauth2 and it is successful but still cannot send.
I log direct into Hotmail and there is no problem; only PP.
See attachment.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (19.48 KiB) Viewed 923 times
pp error.JPG
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Cannot send messages again out of Hotmail acct.

Post by Jeff »

You should use password method as Oauth2 for Hotmail/SMTP is a known problem.

If you're using 2-step authentication, make sure you're using an app-specific password for POP Peeper.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/acc ... f2979a7944
bbqbrisket

Post by bbqbrisket »

Hi Jeff,

" use password method as Oauth2 for Hotmail/SMTP"
Not sure what you mean.
As I see the drop down menu, it only allows me to select either Oauth2 or Password.
I don't see how I can use my "password" in Oauth2.
Whether I set it up as a password usage or an Oauth2 use with "successful authentication"
I cannot reply or send mail. I don;t have this problem with any of the other 5 Hotmail accounts and they are all using SMTP.
Also, whenever I do change from email to Oauth2, Hotmail asks for my Github log in method.

Thanks
mjs

Post by mjs »

bbqbrisket wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:29 pm ... As I see the drop down menu, it only allows me to select either Oauth2 or Password....
Use the "Password" method (of the two options).
To clarify, you would not be using "Oauth2" in this case (in as much as this method is not required for MS accounts) but would instead be using the "Password" method to access the problematic account. Note: when using this method, the password you would use in POP Peeper (for the relevant account) would be the same password you use to login to the account on the web.

Take a look at this POP Peeper (forum) announcement: Current issues with Outlook/Hotmail (for more details on the subject that include additional links within this linked topic).

Also, here is just one of several links on this topic discussed in the form: Outlook.com accounts not sending (please read the two links you find at the specific location of the linked topic).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers