Deleted Items Folder, Shortcut?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
mistertee2

Deleted Items Folder, Shortcut?

Post by mistertee2 »

Apologies in advance as I'm sure this has been asked before. Still, I couldn't find a previous post. Is it possible to create a toolbar shortcut for the deleted items folder in PP? Any way to access it quickly? TIA
mjs

Re: Deleted Items Folder, Shortcut?

Post by mjs »

Yes there is mistertee2, to be specific - Toolbar Buttons can be created to do this...

You will need the Plus Pack to do what you want (as far as I'm aware that is - note: I have not done any of this myself - I'm merely providing the procedures that I can find that are applicable to your query regarding creating a new Toolbar Button.) :D

A little background (not necessarily directly specific to your question) before getting to the details of adding a "Deleted" (messages) Button to your Toolbar.

Among other things (i.e. advanced Voice Notifications, RSS protocols, Remote Folders, etc etc... the Plus Pack (linked above) provides the following "Sent Mail Viewer" (SMV) Interface (included in the Plus Pack):
Provides access to various folders that can be added as desired (you can click on image to enlarge and return back to the forum topic by using the browser "go to previous page" button)
Provides access to various folders that can be added as desired (you can click on image to enlarge and return back to the forum topic by using the browser "go to previous page" button)
(note: As you can see in the screen-shot, I have added additional folders than just the "Sent" mail folder - i.e. a "Deleted" folder that you're interested in among others). I personally use this (Sent Mail Viewer) Interface to access any one of the specific folders as opposed to adding individual (folder) Toolbar Buttons to do this (personal data has been redacted from screen-shot).

Now to your question about adding a specific (folder) button to your PP Toolbar - in this case a "Deleted" message button.

Here are links regarding creating Toolbar Buttons (among other things):
To start there is the Custom Icons page. On this page you will see the link to "Toolbar buttons" at the top - clicking on this you will be directed down the page to the relevant topic. At that location you will see a "Custom toolbar ID reference" link. Clicking on this link you are provided with more details on the Custom Toolbar page such as: you will see (by scrolling down) a reference to "33302 Open the Sent Mail Viewer and open the 'Deleted' messages for the selected account" which represents the "id/text" specific to a "Deleted" (messages) button (that I would presume incorporates the data available in the SMV Interface (screen-shot above) that would in your case include the "Deleted" messages folder in the event you have added the (Deleted) folder to the Interface (as you notice I have).

As mentioned, a specific "Deleted" messages Toolbar Button is not something I've added personally (since in my case, the SMV Interface is sufficient for this) - so I hope this works in the way I'm assuming it does. :-k

Let us know your results.
Last edited by mjs on Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Edited to strike-out the comment about requiring the "Plus Pack" as well as other assumptions I've made based on what I found in my subsequent post below
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

mistertee2 - please make sure you read this post (the previous post apparently has some incorrect assumptions on my part). What I've described above may still be interesting to you however - but as far as creating a Toolbar Button you should focus more on this post (as I've stricken-out what is presumably an incorrect conclusion of mine based on PP's Help).

It has since occurred to me that POP Peeper "Help" should have all you would need to know about creating additional Toolbar buttons - so by checking this out in "Help"/"Contents..." in the main menu and searching for "new toolbar buttons" or better yet under the "Contents" tab at the top of the "Help" Interface (which you are automatically sent to when opening "Help") and then expanding the "General Information" option you will find "Add new toolbar buttons" help - that explains everything you would need to know about this.

I noticed that there is no reference at all about needing to have the "Plus Pack" so I'm assuming I must be wrong about that as well as my conclusions to some extent as to how the process works in that case.

So please simply take a look at the "HELP" that POP Peeper provides in regards to how to create a new Toolbar Button.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

I should have directed you to POP Peepers "Help" in the first place #-o - but that said, perhaps some of what I've described initially might provide you with possible alternatives to consider in regards to what you are interested in doing :-k (i.e. the SMV feature does provide access to various folders all included within a nice 8) Interface that happens to be one of many features available via the Plus Pack :idea:).

So mistertee2, now that I've straightened things out a bit :oops: - let us know how it all worked out for you.