Delete Tead email

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
acooldozen

Delete Tead email

Post by acooldozen »

Had a number of errors while configuring email servers after re-install. Unable to delete 1 email now? Cheers, Lyle
.....and make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle
mjs

Re: Delete Tead email

Post by mjs »

What exactly happens when attempting to delete this specific message you've mentioned?

What email service is this specific account (Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook etc)?

What protocol ("Server type") are you using for this specific account (IMAP, POP3)?

What Operating System (Windows 11, 10, 8 or 7 etc?) are you using?

Do you get an error in POP Peeper (when attempting to delete this message)? (if so please post the error for us).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

What exactly happens when attempting to delete this specific message you've mentioned?
The Trash Barrel shows up but when I check mail this one message does not disappear!

What email service is this specific account (Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook etc)?
My local webmail account from local server!

What protocol ("Server type") are you using for this specific account (IMAP, POP3)?
POP3!

What Operating System (Windows 11, 10, 8 or 7 etc?) are you using?
Windows11!

Do you get an error in POP Peeper (when attempting to delete this message)? (if so please post the error for us).
No Error!
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

Sorry, there is an error code: Eval: Unknown (0) User

Tried a reinstall but no change!
mjs

Post by mjs »

acooldozen wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:04 pm What email service is this specific account (Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook etc)?
My local webmail account from local server!
You're probably still using the telus.net email service (right?)
acooldozen wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:04 pm What protocol ("Server type") are you using for this specific account (IMAP, POP3)?
POP3!
Is there a reason you are using POP3? - the recommended protocol (in most cases) is IMAP.
acooldozen wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:15 pm Sorry, there is an error code: Eval: Unknown (0) User
This is not an "error" - it is part of the (Bayesian) AntiJunk suite. It would appear you're not getting any POP Peeper error apparently.

Are you getting a red X next to the message that won't delete?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

Are you getting a red X next to message that won't delete?
No RED X
mjs

Post by mjs »

Please post your email settings (found by editing the account) you're using in POP Peeper (i.e. Server, SSL, Port settings used).
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Make sure that the account isn't disabled -- edit the account and refer to the "enabled" checkbox on the bottom-left of the 'General' page. If you've intentionally disabled it, then you need to right-click on the account and select "check mail" to force it to check/delete.
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

As soon as I changed over from POP3 to IMAP it FIXED itself. Thank you Both!
mjs

Post by mjs »

Try this (not sure if it will make a difference) - edit the specific account (right-click on account and select "Edit") then in the left pane of the edit interface select "Advanced" (if you do not see an "Advanced" option then from the main menu go to "Tools" > "Options" and enable [check box] for "Advanced options") then observe whether or not the "Remove messages not on server" is enabled (checked) in the "Advanced" Interface.

Jeff would know more about this setting....
mjs

Post by mjs »

acooldozen wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:43 pm As soon as I changed over from POP3 to IMAP it FIXED itself. Thank you Both!
This method would be expected to solve your problem - as IMAP is the preferred protocol as I mentioned previously (that said, in this case the message should still be expected to successfully delete using POP3).