Envelope in pop peeper desktop icon

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Butch

Envelope in pop peeper desktop icon

Post by Butch »

Some times when PP notifies me of mail, I will open PP and let it use my email client (Thunderbird) to fetch it and after reading it,
the PP desktop icon shows a little brown envelope and I have to open PP again to clear that brown envelope icon.

This is the icon I see after PP checked my email client. I have to check mail again then the mail icon will clear.

Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Envelope in pop peeper desktop icon

Post by Jeff »

When you open your email client, presumably you have TB set to delete messages from your server. It's this absence of the messages that causes POP Peeper to change from the yellow (unread messages) icon to the empty mailbox. Depending on various settings, it may take some time for this to happen. The most important setting for this to happen more quickly is to make sure that POP Peeper is accessing the account with IMAP and IDLE is enabled; edit the account in POP Peeper to verify this (both on the 'General' page).

If that doesn't work well enough for you and you'd rather not wait for PP to check the account again on its own, then there is a setting that you can try, but it may have its drawbacks depending on how you use PP:
1) main menu: Tools / PPtweaker
2) On the first 'Misc' page, enable the following setting:
- Mark all messages as read when POP Peeper is minimized/dismissed