One of my Gmail accounts not collecting emails

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
fbagnato

One of my Gmail accounts not collecting emails

Post by fbagnato »

Hello mjs

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 5.4.6.0
Webmail: 5.1.0.0
SSL: 1.1.1.23
IMAP: 5.4.6.0
SendMail: 5.4.6.0
Profile Picture: 5.4.6.0 (disabled)
AntiJunk: 5.4.6.0 (disabled)
Spell Checker: 5.4.6.0 (disabled)
Trusted Sites: 5.4.6.0 (disabled)
PPTweaker: 5.4.6.0
Updater: 1.0.0.0

Program folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\
Ini file: C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper\poppeeper.ini
Data folder: C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper\

--- Error ---
Gmail [1000: IMAP] ['imap.gmail.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.gmail.com' (465) SSL: 1] [oauth: 1] [consec: 2]
- Error Getting RETR

I can only speak confidently about one computer as Poppeeper is checked on that one. The other computers have it installed but Poppeeper is not checked.

The problem never really went away, I thought it did once it collected my emails successfully but it has kept happening at random times.

On this computer I have 3 accounts, 1 Hotmail/Outlook and 2 Gmail. I have only noticed it happening on one of the Gmail accounts, which has 3264 emails.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I am not too fussed but thought I had better chime in to let you know that there is still a problem.

Regards,

fbagnato
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: One of my Gmail accounts not collecting emails

Post by Jeff »

Reference to original report: viewtopic.php?p=40996#p40996

You mentioned in your previous report that you thought it may be related to the SSL update. I provided a download link to the older version -- did you try installing that? (again, I suspect it's coincidence, but if you think it's related, it can be worth testing)

What AntiVirus are you using? If you're using 3rd party (Norton, Avast, AVG, etc.), they usually have email scanning. Try temporarily disabling it and see if that helps (note: simply disabling real-time protection is NOT sufficient, you need to disable the email module).

You said the problematic gmail account has 3264 messages; how many messages does your other account have?

Just FYI: the errors you've reported so far ("error getting retr" and "unexpected disconnect", both in the same class of errors) suggest a potential connection problem. This could either be on your end (e.g. wifi or router) or your connection to the internet or server issues.