Gawab server problems ?

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
JRF

Gawab server problems ?

Post by JRF »

Hi everybody , any news about problems in the Gawab server ?
All ideas will be mostly welcome . JRF
---------------------------
1- 2 days ago ~450 msgs simply disappear from my Gawab inbox .

2- It continues working OK in PP (POP3 and Imap) , the new msgs after the event are normal .

3- I went in the Gawab site , had to register myself in a "new Webmail interface" that contained already most of my previous settings .

4- There is a new parameter there "Days to Purge" , one can not say if it is from Trash , or Inbox , or ... , no Help , the original value was 7 .

If you change it to a large(?) number e.g. 1095 , it accepts , but if you reopen the page , it is reset to ~20 .
------------------------------
I placed (yesterday) a msg to Gawab.com-Support , no reply until now :

Support Center » Ticket List » EHS-860041
User=JRF : where are my previous emails ?

Ticket ID: EHS-860041 / Department: Operation & Tech.Support
Status: Open / Priority: Critical / Created On: 06 Mar 2007 16:43 UTC
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

"Auto Purge" says "Number of days to keep deleted messages in trash folder before it is automatically purged" so messages should be safe in the inbox or other folders. This is what it says on the classic interface, anyway. I did find someone else questioning this on the EMD forums:
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthr ... ight=gawab (message 11 on)

fwiw, my mailboxes are completely empty as well, but you probably know I don't use gawab (I was surprised my account still existed). I don't know if there were supposed to be any messages there, but I assume there should have been a welcome message or something since I don't delete them when I create test accounts.
JRF

Post by JRF »

Jeff --

1- thanks for the research ; yes , it seems that EMD Forums "xmailer" on post 11 had the same doubt about Purge-days (new interface) .

2- I do not see any complain about loosing of msgs , so I wonder if I did not sleep over the keyboard (*) , and messed up all the thing , with a little help of PP .

3- Anyway , since I was scared with Mail.com one month ago , I unmarked the Remove-if-not-on-server PP switch for all accounts , so I have a reasonable Preview of the msgs lost by Gawab , but there is no hope to save them into Outlook .

4- Your empty mailboxes may be explained by the board help : all msgs are deleted if no login for 90 days , accounts are kept . But this was not my case , as I used that account in PP each 20 min .
----------------------------------------
(*)one lapsed response : the most used here is the standard qwert ABNT2 , I found this layout , ANSI~ABNT .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •
JRF

Post by JRF »

Good news , my Gawab lost messages were reloaded :? :D

Although I did not receive any answer from Gawab Support to my email , I want to thank them , in the case they are watching this topic .

I am seriously considering to get confident again in the Gawab service , lets observe .

JRF