POP MAIL OF GAWAB

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
lakay.45

POP MAIL OF GAWAB

Post by lakay.45 »

hi!

can u send me tru my email the configuration set up so that i can get my mails from gawab to my eudora. i really need it.

thank you
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Here's gawab's official faq: How can I setup my Gawab.com account to work with POP/SMTP?

It's a little sparse (possible problem on their end?), so I'll tell you the only thing it says is that the pop3 server is pop.gawab.com

It seems that their help is a little messed up at the moment, I don't use gawab so I don't know if this is a temporary thing or a long-term issue...
war1

Post by war1 »

lakay.45,

Welcome to the Pop Peeper forums. Jeff has given you the settings. I use Gawab and confirm both POP3 and IMAP work. I have not use SMTP in awhile. Let us know if you have any problem.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
JRF

Post by JRF »

If this is of any help : I do use Gawab routinely to get/send msgs .

Gawab settings in PP :

Login Name = myname (without @gawab.com)
Server Type = POP3
Server = pop.gawab.com
No SSL
Port = 110

or

Login Name = myname (without @gawab.com)
Server Type = IMAP ............. gave some problems in the past
Server = imap.gawab.com
No SSL
Port = 143
Use IDLE = NO

and

Reply Options = SMTP
SMTP Server = smtp.gawab.com
No SSL
Port = 25
Server Requires Authentication > Login Name = myname@gawab.com
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •
ChrisO

Post by ChrisO »

I haven't been able to get Gawab email via POP3, or through PopPeeper, or through the webmail interface for some weeks. In fact I can't even access any of the Gawab web pages. I'm in the UK. I wonder whether they are blocking UK IP addresses for some reason.
JRF

Post by JRF »

Hi ChrisO

Please open a new topic in the Tech Support Forum , reporting :

-- what is your PP (verify Help>About-PP) .
-- the Server Type and Server name (edit the PP-Gawab-account) .
-- the error code+text you are receiving (click on the yellow button , when it appears) .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

ChrisO -- you may want to refer to this thread:
http://www.poppeeper.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=1646
since it involves the same service and similar symptoms.

You may very well be onto something regarding the country.
ChrisO

Post by ChrisO »

JRF wrote:Hi ChrisO
Please open a new topic in the Tech Support Forum , reporting :
I would, but I'm pretty sure its not a problem with PP or my settings. It worked fine until a few weeks ago. The fact that I can't access any Gawab related websites (or even ping them or the IP addresses) suggests to me that there is some blocking going on somewhere. No big issue for me as it isn't one of my main accounts (although it was one of the dwindling number of free POP3 mail accounts). I just mentioned it because issues with Gawab have been mentioned here and elsewhere a few times and I didn't want anyone at PP to be spensing time on trying to fix a problem that is outside their control. I would email Gawab support to find out what's going on but it seems they never reply. I'll try to access Gawab from my office computer tomorrow just to make sure it isn't something to do with my home computer of ISP.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

For the record, I can access gawab but pinging their servers results in a timeout. So that just means that they don't return pings, but doesn't necessarily mean anything else.

If you do want another test that may support the blocking theory:
go to a dos prompt and type:
telnet pop.gawab.com 110
It should either just sit there and do nothing or pop up with "+OK Hello there."
ChrisO

Post by ChrisO »

Jeff wrote: telnet pop.gawab.com 110
It should either just sit there and do nothing or pop up with "+OK Hello there."
"Could not open connection to the host: Connect failed"
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Well, I'm out of ideas. I did find a thread at EMD that suggests something similar and one of the me-too's was from UK:
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthr ... ight=gawab

Did you have any luck accessing it from another computer/IP?
ChrisO

Post by ChrisO »

I tried accessing Gawab from my computer at work but found that access to "webmail" sites was blocked. Then I forgot all about it and didn't try on someone else's computer as I intended. Now I've started getting mails again and can access the website. All very strange.

BTW, if anyone is trying to use Gawab SMTP and has port 25 blocked by their ISP, it works on port 587.
war1

Post by war1 »

Gawab is intermittently slow. Now web access and POP access works. IMAP does not.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum